corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Nuisance calls from Claims companies

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nuisance calls from Claims companies
Jambo

User status: Offline
2nd Jul 12 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/01612494490/8

This is the number I get 1-2 calls a day (Mon-Fri) from. First call I innocently answered and was asked about an accident i had (In 2009 !) trying to get me to claim whiplash. I politely told them to jog on and not call me again. That was upheld for about 6months. Then the calls started again, I asked them to remove me from system politely, they agreed yet more calls kept coming.

Not sure what to do now, only so many times you can hang up on them, leave the phone answered on your desk whilst you type or tell them to fuck off

Is there some sort of legal help?
CorsaSi

2nd Jul 12 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate dont be silly if you get injured in a accident come to me il sort it out ha, and not much you can do other than telling them fuck off.

Sam
Premium Member

2nd Jul 12 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put your number in the telephone preference service database (takes about 30 days to go live) - legit companies should not hassle you in theory.

If your phone supports it, add their number to the caller barred list - our home phone has this feature and we've added several numbers from twats like this.
Shelly
Premium Member

2nd Jul 12 at 13:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Before they ask if they can talk to you about something, just say you'd like to talk to them first about God...
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
2nd Jul 12 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl5uhjJFTiE
Gary
Premium Member

2nd Jul 12 at 14:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl5uhjJFTiE

Absolutely epic
Rob_Quads

2nd Jul 12 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Put your number in the telephone preference service database (takes about 30 days to go live) - legit companies should not hassle you in theory..

Only UK Companies. If they are abroad there is no such requirement. With many call centers not in the UK any more its an easy law to get around.
Root

2nd Jul 12 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm on the TPS list and have been for months but still get these calls. Some companies don't give a fuck about the law.
Aaron

2nd Jul 12 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep an air horn next to the phone. The calls will soon slow down.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

2nd Jul 12 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i kept getting calls about claming the ppi back on my credit card, i dont have a credit card, nor have i ever owned one. They were convinced i had one, i ended up getting angry and telling them where they can stick there calls. And it never happend again
Prey

3rd Jul 12 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i normally tell them i will go and fetch whoever they ask for as he is busy, then put the phone down on mute and leave it until they hang up.
Jambo

3rd Jul 12 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Prey
i normally tell them i will go and fetch whoever they ask for as he is busy, then put the phone down on mute and leave it until they hang up.

I have done this, i have tried making weird noises down the phone, but they are a fucking persistent bunch

Can i not complain to Ofcom or something
Shelly
Premium Member

3rd Jul 12 at 12:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You might have to get alot of information about the company, name of the caller etc.

If you start getting inquisitive they usually hang up anyway...
Phil W

3rd Jul 12 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just ask them if they've heard of TPS before, chances are they'll hang up before they apologise. Or just get a phone with Caller ID on... don't recognise them number, don't answer!
Jambo

3rd Jul 12 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have caller ID, i know whos calling, but its just such a fricking PITA.
Jambo

3rd Jul 12 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Two calls this afternoon, simply answered left on my desk whilst I carried on working.

Call 1 duration 1min
Call 2 duration 2min.

FFS!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Nuisance calls from Claims companies 23 database queries in 0.0591509 seconds