corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Anyone ever heard of tortoise shell kitchens? Probably from 50yr ago?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone ever heard of tortoise shell kitchens? Probably from 50yr ago?
baza31

User status: Offline
18th Jul 12 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above , a place I bought has a very old kitchen and there is a Neighbor who's s a joiner who s eager to buy the old kitchen , he said it's tortoise shell and rare. Hes offered me a decent amount for doors n worktop. I've looked on Internet and there is alot of tortoise shell effect but can't find anything like that . Anyone know or heard about it before?
Whittie

18th Jul 12 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pics ben
N16K

18th Jul 12 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it is real tortoise shell, it is hard to find now. Outlawed years ago. post a pic, if it is real I assume it will be door front, not the full actual door structure. Couple of mm thick at most (less than a cm).

[Edited on 18-07-2012 by N16K]
N16K

18th Jul 12 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also not sure it is legal to sell genuine tortoise shell. If not real and the price is right for you sell it and get him to remove it
Gary
Premium Member

18th Jul 12 at 21:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id take his offer. Seling the stuff looks sketchy
baza31

18th Jul 12 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll get a pic, to me it looks like a shitty old kitchen which it actually is , it was him that said it was tortoise but I can't find pics to compare online . I'll be back up there Friday so will get a pic .

New Poll