corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Steering Wheel Removal

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Steering Wheel Removal
Aidan-Fleming

User status: Offline
20th Jul 12 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys, ive used the search bar and tutorial section and cant find anything to say how to remove the steering wheel. My steering wheel is the one with the Airbag, ive bought a new omp wheeel and removable boss so i need to know how to remove my wheel.

Can anyone explain to me how to remove it and the airbag? Thanks
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

20th Jul 12 at 11:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's 3 or 4 torx screw in the back of the steering wheel that you undo which takes the air bag bit off, I think you need to disconnect the battery for a bit before doing it so it doesn't go off when you're doing it.

Then there is a nut that you undo then pull it off. There will be a squib that has the wiring in which IIRC will unclip/unplug.

Been a while since I took one off

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Jamie-C

20th Jul 12 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Darryl said, only you don't just 'pull it off' in my experience

I couldn't get mine off no matter how much I pulled at it, I had to buy a puller but even that didn't work for me, it just chewed its way through the wheel. I don't think there meant to be that tight though
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

20th Jul 12 at 14:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they're not easy to pull off

If you are pulling it without a puller leave the nut wound on a tiny bit so you don't pull the wheel into you face

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
john_redtop

20th Jul 12 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Disconnect battery for atleast 1 minute then there is 2 torx screws on the back of the steering wheel info those the airbag bit comes off then iirc its eather 20mm or 22mm nut undo that then put knees on the dashboard pull and give it a knock from behind with you hands I've always found there come of pritty easy
Aidan-Fleming

25th Jul 12 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

okay guys thanks lol bought a puller incase lol

New Poll