corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Windows partition

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Windows partition
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Jul 12 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a customer bring me their Advent laptop, basically it blue screened when attempting to load up Windows and the TechGuys recovery partition could not restore to factory defaults - it got stuck on the 'preparing hard drive' line - I gave that up after an hour on that screen.

So I booted my trusty Ultimate Boot CD and went into Parted Magic, formatted the partition Windows was installed on (as NTFS obviously) and then when I rebooted and went into the recovery software it successfully restored to factory defaults.

I tried the usual command line stuff before doing the above and none of it seemed to work. Even attempting to access that partition using the command line from the recovery tools just literally did nothing.

The laptop is working fine now, so what would have caused this partition corruption do you reckon?
pow
Premium Member

26th Jul 12 at 15:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MBR failure?

fdisk /mbr
Sam
Premium Member

27th Jul 12 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried all that stuff as said, but it didn't work.

New Poll