corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Anyone used an online estate agent to sell their house?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone used an online estate agent to sell their house?
A2H GO

User status: Offline
31st Jul 12 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rather than paying a high street estate agents 2-3% of our sale price, we're considering using an online company such as: http://www.emoov.co.uk/shop/extras/sale-board/

They charge £349 and put you on all the top websites(that would presumably cost less than doing it yourself individually plus less hassle plus most like Rightmove don't let you advertise privately.).

The reviews seem good, if not a little bit too good to be true: http://www.allagents.co.uk/emoov.co.uk/

Anyone had experience of this?

[Edited on 31-07-2012 by A2H GO]
Matt H

31st Jul 12 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought mine via House Network. No problems at all
whitter45

1st Aug 12 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends really on local areas etc

We found people still use local estate agents as well as the web - i.e they will pop on the off chance for enquires

also if you get a good estate agent they will have a book of potential buyers who have been interested in properties similar to yours and be pro-active

Bit of a different circumstances but we found cheaper estate agents aren't as proactive and if estate agents see potential in selling your property they will cut margins to ensure they get your sale

When we sold the etstate fees were 2% but they were desperate to have ours as they knew it would sell so dropped to 1.25%

My only concern would be pro-active approach and also how they look after any potential buyers

Also IMO do not go multi vendor as to me its looks like your desperate to sell

[Edited on 01-08-2012 by whitter45]
A2H GO

1st Aug 12 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers dude!

Well we've given it a go and said well see how we go on for 6 months, well either save £1500, or loose £400.

I think it will be pretty hard to sell since its 25% shared ownership which narrows the audience a lot. Also means the audience are likely to be young first time buyers who may be more likely to use the Internet.

I'll report back with how we go on.
Rob_Quads

1st Aug 12 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as its on Rightmove then I don't see a problem. Best friend sold his this way and saved a fortune.
dannymccann

1st Aug 12 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
As long as its on Rightmove then I don't see a problem. Best friend sold his this way and saved a fortune.

Agree, we started here and then went to estate agents based on the quality of their listings. Some of content and effort they put into them is woeful, spelling mistakes, 2 pictures of a 3 bed house etc etc
VegasPhil
Premium Member

1st Aug 12 at 21:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it on yet? I know a guy who will put it on rightmove for you for a little less than that. Message me if you are interested.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
A2H GO

2nd Aug 12 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers dude! Its not on yet, they're coming to do the photos and floor plan next Wednesday, but apparantly their photos are crap and I've taken my own which I've photoshopped that look pretty good and its a new build so the floor plan is already available on the developers website.

That said we've paid for the service so might as well use it and can always use ours if they aren't up to scratch.

It will go on Right Move along with a multitude of other sites and local property news papers:

Also paid abit extra to have a for sale board as next door is for sale at the same price so anyone who comes to see his will see our board too(if they haven't spotted the house on the net).

New Poll