corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Corsa C

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My Corsa C
brynalar

User status: Offline
22nd Jul 12 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hider guise! It's been a while since I've been on here but I've not had a lot to say - apart from my poor B just getting worse, 70mph at a push, wobbly steering at around 50mph onwards and then occasionally a sound that may well be the wheel bearing but the final straw was then my mum used it to pick me up from work - I drove back and went round a bend and hit a puddle and then it started to lose power then kept slowing and slowing and eventually died out in the country side! But I managed to get home after leaving it for 15 mins or so - thankfully!

The next day I got on the hunt looking for cars and found a few and then when I was at work my mum text me saying she found me a corsa c and the guy will take £600 and we were going down to Suffolk to buy it, ha! So off we went down to Bury St Edmunds to pick it up and I was impressed with how clean it all was had all the manuals in a little Vauxhall pouch thing, receipts for work and tax and mot, so I am happy! and she was a reeeally nice drive back 75 miles no problem, sat nicely at 70 and the wheel stayed still haha!

Anyways enough of my nattering - here's a few pics! Oh and I shall be putting the Sxi rims off my B onto this soon and a few bits and bobs as I go along, I'll try keep it updated as and when I can!

Then I spend today taking off the rub strips - one side was easy peasy with no glue left over just the out line and the other was a right pain lol!

Text Black
DanCobb

22nd Jul 12 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a space green c too

What are your plans for it?
brynalar

22nd Jul 12 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh bugger, sorry only just saw the size of the pics! I'll try sort it asap!

Thinking for now lower it and spray my sxi's I reckon and then little bits like sxi skirts and that :-)

Would buying say 60/40mm springs on the standard shocks be okay?
davieslim

23rd Jul 12 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive upgrading the brakes on mine so have 1.8 sri front brakes if your looking for an upgrade
Gareth T

23rd Jul 12 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good buy, very cheap
vx-scottw
Premium Member

23rd Jul 12 at 13:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice colour c seen some good euro styled in this
brynalar

23rd Jul 12 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers lads but now for the down side...

I think it might need a new engine as it is using a lot of oil like topping up every other day and the power feels weak in 1st and second gear then this morning noticed an oil patch on the ground.

I went to the garage and he and another guy said new engine so I suggested maybe just the 1.2 as I hear 1.0 have problems and he starting saying no must be a 1.0 cos of ecu and the numbers/ codes or something lol and quoting £180-200 to fit a 1.0

Anyone around Northants area able to fit a bigger engine for the same price lol...

Bad times, but am gonna get in touch with the seller as he must of known that it wasn't right.
DanCobb

23rd Jul 12 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What did they say was wrong with it? They can't just say "needs new engine"
brynalar

23rd Jul 12 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He said it was burning oil cos I said about it needing oil every other day and there being no evidence of it on the ground so he said it must be burning it but then this morning I noticed a patch where some had leaked... I feel like a right n00b out here lol.
davieslim

23rd Jul 12 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it burning the oil or leaking it out?
brynalar

24th Jul 12 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the thing, it was getting through it very quickly with no evidence on the ground but only recently I noticed a patch on the ground... There was a few dots where I had slipped and it hadn't went in the engine but on the outside lol but yer a patch on ground now other than that there was nothing ?
vx-scottw
Premium Member

24th Jul 12 at 12:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have u tryed oil pressure sensor can leak n are common to just had to change mine
DanCobb

24th Jul 12 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd have a look under the engine and see if there's any obvious signs of oil coming out of any gaskets. Or take it to a diff garage see what they say
brynalar

31st Jul 12 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Started it yesterday and it had the famous blue smoke

Anyone know of any Corsa C 1.0 engine for sale? Seems I'm gonna have to settle for a replacement 1.0 defeater lol

On the up hand at least it looks nice now ha

[Edited on 31-07-2012 by brynalar]
davieslim

6th Aug 12 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any luck?
brynalar

7th Aug 12 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New engine jobbie mate

Can anyone tell me if the facelift corsa c projector's are a straight swap or if I have to mess with wires etc. ? and I do take it they don't give off a the halo effect ?
davieslim

7th Aug 12 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

standard headlights or angel eyes?
brynalar

7th Aug 12 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The standard 03-06 range silver projectors.

Cheeeeeers
Chris1.8SRi

7th Aug 12 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Straight swap, buy angel eyes for halo effect
davieslim

7th Aug 12 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my headlights looked terrible on mines so when it was getting repaired i asked the guy to flatten and polish the lights as well to get rid of the scratches and yellow colour

i just bought the front mudflaps for mines, i hope they will be useful to hold my arches on as i keep getting out the car and there hanging off after going through puddles

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Corsa C 24 database queries in 0.0138950 seconds