corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » removing an interior loom

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author removing an interior loom
D0NN3R

User status: Offline
9th Aug 12 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how hard and is there anything to look out for

thanks
Root

9th Aug 12 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're pretty much going to have to remove half the interior to get it all out. Mostly passenger side iirc.
D0NN3R

9th Aug 12 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not to bad them i just wanted to no as im thinking getting a new loom so i can have eletric windows and heated seats
Root

9th Aug 12 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah right, I see. I wanted to do that with the old corsa, but in the end it seemed like too much of a deal.

There's wire all over tbh, but I'm sure you'll have fun with it lol
D0NN3R

9th Aug 12 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
Ah right, I see. I wanted to do that with the old corsa, but in the end it seemed like too much of a deal.

There's wire all over tbh, but I'm sure you'll have fun with it lol

its all part of the fun
Root

9th Aug 12 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your best bet is to actually probably strip the interior so you can see where all the wires currently are, take some pics for reference. Then replace it. I just imagine that it's all going to get in your way anyway. If you have a garage or driveway, it shouldn't be an issue to do so.

As long as you have some torx keys, I can't see it taking more than a couple hours to strip the interior. It's just a pain in the ass, refitting is worst than removal.

Stripping interior doorcards and roof lining is fine, but I think the dash will be harder to do. Also I've read that you need to be careful not to bend the roof lining (you may need another person to help you) when removing it and that you can remove it through the boot fairly easily.

I've read that you only have to replace the interior loom when doing this job though, ask somebody for confirmation, but I hope that'll make your job easier.

New Poll