corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Brakes dont seem that good?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Brakes dont seem that good?
*CorsaCal*

User status: Offline
   12th Aug 12 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi everyone. Im getting a bit fed up with my brakes now. I have fitted 2 litre calipers and felt that the brakes where no better than standard so ive now fitted braided brake lines and again havent noticed any improvement. There are no leaks and i have blead it many times. All four brakes are getting hot so one isnt sticking. I didnt know if anyone had came across this or what mite cause it. Basically the brakes do stop but there seems to be loads of pedal travel before snything happens. Im wondering if it could be servo related or something? Any help would be great!
bigron1988

12th Aug 12 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blead nipples on the top of the caliper, not mounted them the wrong way
*CorsaCal*

12th Aug 12 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer the bleed nipples are definately on the top. Cheers anyway though mate.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

12th Aug 12 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are the calipers on the right sides (bleed nipple at the top)? Also have you adjusted your rear brakes up at all? When I first took my Corsa out, I had loads of travel in the pedal, assumed I hadn't bled them up properly then someone suggested adjusting the rear brakes, i tried it and they're spot on now.
*CorsaCal*

12th Aug 12 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah thats worth a try. If im honest ive never even took the drums off so thats proberly worth a check. Cheers mike!

New Poll