corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Getting back an ebay trader, will this work?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Getting back an ebay trader, will this work?
Carl

User status: Offline
17th Aug 12 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically bought an item that isn't sealled properly, the ebayer is being a proper dick about it and it's pissed me off. They have 5000 odd feedback and quite a few negative but it seems they aren't bothered and just reply to it. Anyway, they have said send them back which means I incur postage charges in order to get a refund.

If I just send some random items back such as pebbles etc, in the same wrapper etc and send it recorded delivery, am i right in thinking I can then open a dispute with paypal using the traking number to get my money back and i'm likely to win with paypal being a joke?

Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
17th Aug 12 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paypal will probably find in your favour, yes.

How much are we talking?
Sam
Premium Member

17th Aug 12 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he's a business seller and it was a buy it now auction, he has to pay your return postage costs under the Distance Selling Regulations.
Carl

17th Aug 12 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Paypal will probably find in your favour, yes.

How much are we talking?

£25. I've tried to be sound from the outset as i'm fully aware of how many nob heads you encounter on ebay! But this guy just doesn't give a flying you can tell.
AndyKent

17th Aug 12 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does what he sent you do what you wanted?

If you want a working one send it back. If you have a working one don't try and get money off him.

[Edited on 17-08-2012 by AndyKent]
Carl

17th Aug 12 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
If he's a business seller and it was a buy it now auction, he has to pay your return postage costs under the Distance Selling Regulations.

He's on 5000 odd and has traders in his title, where does it say if he's a business seller or not?
Cavey

17th Aug 12 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't get why anyone would sell things on eBay anymore when you know that PayPal is going to side with the buyer every time whether its deserved or not.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
17th Aug 12 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because the audience is good. You get bummed on fees and can very easily lose the money you make, but its more profitable per item than other places.

[Edited on 17-08-2012 by Ian]
Carl

18th Aug 12 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you find out if they are business seller or not?

Doesn't matter found it. they are registered as a business seller and I bought it buy it now, so i'm covered by the distance selling regs aren't I?!

[Edited on 18-08-2012 by Carl]
SimonTW

18th Aug 12 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always better to follow the proper channels than to become scum committing a crime sending pebbles back!

Carl

18th Aug 12 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SimonTW
Always better to follow the proper channels than to become scum committing a crime sending pebbles back!

Not in this case, fed up of doing things the right way to no avail. taking into consideration his attitude and the way he's acting basically calling me a liar and patronising me to death knowing full well the worst that can happen is he get's his item back at my postage expense. Looking at his feedback it looks like i'm not the first.

Eddx14xe

18th Aug 12 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to same with a business on eBay. I bought a fuel mixing bottle for my mini moto. Ok, it was only £4 but that's not the point. When I received it it had the wrong ratios on it, I sent him a polite message asking if he had sent me the wrong one out / made a mistake and he just ignored me. I sent a few more and he was a complete cunt, calling me all sorts of names and being g rude for no reason. He then told me I could have a refund if I paid postage, which imo it's no up to me to cover this as he was in the wrong. If it was an item of clothing and I had order the wrong size, then it's only fair if I covered the p+p cost as it would be my fault. Anyway, I made a dispute and got all my money back.

This guy also had loads of negative feed back, about tools not being as described etc.
Carl

20th Aug 12 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I've bottled it. Going to clamp it and glue it and move on. Probably not buy anything on ebay now that I can't collect.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Getting back an ebay trader, will this work? 23 database queries in 0.0139520 seconds