corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Redundancy

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Redundancy
Cole

User status: Offline
24th Aug 12 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The company i work for went into administration today havent been at work since the 1st aug although they we were still paying us knowing that we would of had to claim from the government for our wages. Today we have been informed that we are being made redundant and the relevent rp1 forms were being sent out to us . So what im asking has anyone had to claim for their wages and redundancy notice period etc from the government via the national insurance scheme and how long did it take for your claim to go through.

[Edited on 24-08-2012 by Cole]
Seany

24th Aug 12 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never had to do it but have heard of it before, if its the government paying you it could take a few weeks I would imagine as they will need to do the relevant checks and it will all be done by post more than likely making it take longer.
Not much help I know but try phoning the national insurance helpline and see what they say.
Root

24th Aug 12 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My ex's company made her redundant and she got a good payout. You have to be working there for so long for it though.

Because it's administration / bankrupt though, I don't know whether it still applies?..
Cavey

24th Aug 12 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I highly doubt he'll get a payout from a company with no money
James

24th Aug 12 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
My ex's company made her redundant and she got a good payout. You have to be working there for so long for it though.

Because it's administration / bankrupt though, I don't know whether it still applies?..

Unlikely, the administrators will be aiming to keep costs to a minimum so any payouts will be the legal minimum.
Cole

24th Aug 12 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all payouts will be via the national insurance scheme which is a maximum of £420 per week per yr worked at company
Dave

24th Aug 12 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has that gone up then? It was £380 when I was redundant in 2010.

We got two payments, one a redundancy payout inc any wages owed, holiday pay etc. We got a weeks pay for every full year of employment, 1/2 week for any year we were under 21 at the time. The second one was for the notice period we were entitled to but didn't get to work. Again it's a weeks wages for every year of service but you only get it for the period you were unemployed before you found a new job, also any benefits you are entitled to, whether you claimed them or not, are deducted from this payment. For instance if you have 4 years service but find a new job after two weeks you'll get two weeks minus whatever jobseekers is currently.

I think it took about 6 weeks to get the first payout, the second one can only be applied for once your notice period is up.
Cole

24th Aug 12 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks dave thats the answer i was hoping for ive done 5 yrs i dont intend on getting a job for 5 weeks lol but have applied for jsa already
Dave

24th Aug 12 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my case it was really straight forward. The company directors had already given the administrators most of the info about length of service, holidays owed etc. We just got the relevant forms in a pack from the administrators, filled in what we needed to and sent it back to them.

After a few weeks you'll get a letter off the Insolvency Service telling you the amount you're entitled to and it gets paid straight into your bank.

Best thing that's ever happened to me work wise really, I used the money to set up self employed and I've been in work ever since, working less hours and being at home every night, win win.
Cole

24th Aug 12 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no such joys for me on that front though who was your administrator can u remember
Dave

24th Aug 12 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cowgill Holloway I think, just googled them and it seems they work around the North West. All the paperwork had Grant Thornton on it too though.

How big was your company?
Cole

24th Aug 12 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

109 staff was more but some were made redundant beginning of july and some left of their own accord ours is duff&phelps

[Edited on 24-08-2012 by Cole]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Redundancy 23 database queries in 0.0121748 seconds