corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Hydraulic handbrake corsa b specific info

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hydraulic handbrake corsa b specific info
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
23rd Aug 12 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just looking for pictures of them fitted see roughly where people have placed them. Google images isn't being very helpful on the matter. Obviously I'm keeping the standard cable operated hand brake as well.

[Edited on 23-08-2012 by Nic Barnes]
Nic Barnes

25th Aug 12 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTT
Alex_Rally

25th Aug 12 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have a look on ebay to see if theres any corsa rally cars for sale. long shot like ... just a thought tho
cpcrampton

25th Aug 12 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=486041

one on this car
Nic Barnes

25th Aug 12 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that one is kinda like a normal one in the way it sits. im thinking more of a vertical style one. will probably just have to buy one and see where i can make it fit.
Nic Barnes

25th Aug 12 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh hang on wonder if that 1600 16v rally car wide arch thing thread is still on here? im sure that had one.
jrdn7

25th Aug 12 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Search for a member called Rallycorsa on here Nic, he owns a shit hot 1600 Corsa rally car. I'd be shocked if there wasn't a hydraulic handbrake in it.

I helped build a red top corsa rally car that had a hydraulic handbrake in it. Mounted it about 1" forward from there the original handbrake was mounted, at a 25' angle to the angle the original handbrake was mounted. It was just slightly closer to the driver than the steering wheel (sequential gear change was about 2.5" away from the steering wheel), for quick access like. The driver was about 6ft 9" so he sat really low, so a short handbrake was only needed, but this shouldn't make a difference for you.

My job was to mount the handbrake only, I didn't help plumb it in cause that's not really my area. From what I understand from other cars is that if a car has a cross-over type brake line system, I think you may have to re-do it to as the lines run parallel to each other.

I'm shit at explaining things in detail but let me know if this is easy to read!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Hydraulic handbrake corsa b specific info 23 database queries in 0.0098732 seconds