corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » BMW Mini forum

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW Mini forum
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Aug 12 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely Jim

I'm not jumping on the shit 90's hatchback claims, because my stripped XSi was probably my favourite car for hooning. No more than 750kg and 120bhp, it surprised many things it shouldn't have. But I doubt the puma was noticeably faster than an S.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Aug 12 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What dont be absurd, maybe if all you are concerened about is a 0-60 figure but that's not what I'm talking about I'm saying that the puma was faster in real world driving scenarios than the mini. Wether that be in gear, through the gears, acceleration out of a corner or what. I'm not saying my car was faster just because it has a cr box, its power to weight is obviously the main reason as it wouldn't stand a chance standard. But the cr box also helps. It increases torque at the wheels and provides faster pickup in gear. Having had both a standard and cr box I can say the cr box is faster in most situations. Let's not also forget I'm of this opinion BECAUSE IV DRIVEN BOTH CARS BACK TO BACK. Jesus wept
Steve
Premium Member

25th Aug 12 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not saying the puma would destroy it in a straight line, but it was faster and I noticed it.
Eck
Premium Member

25th Aug 12 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wtf do you mean if it's just 0-60? If you accelerate at 0.2g for 3 shifts, or 0.3 for 6 shifts then you're going to be slower with the cr box. And it depends on the ratios in question too. Power to weight doesn't always mean its faster either for fuck sake!! If that was the case then an Ariel Atom 500 would absolutely demolish a Veyron in a straight line, but it simply doesn't. On paper means fuckall. You've driven both, but that doesn't mean buggerall going by how each car felt. You've not got timing equipment in both to back up your thoughts.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Aug 12 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yawn, on paper means bugger all, real life experience means bugger all, what is the point in even bothering to reply if nothing means anything
Ojc

25th Aug 12 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It feels faster but it isn't I can assure you
mwg

25th Aug 12 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS
Steve
Premium Member

25th Aug 12 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So people are telling me its not faster with no experiences of both and even though on paper also disagrees
mwg

25th Aug 12 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's faster in every conceivable situation
Steve
Premium Member

25th Aug 12 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh right
Ojc

25th Aug 12 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eck
Premium Member

25th Aug 12 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Experience does count but your experience is most likely biased towards your own car, much like your fabia and 106 GTi etc etc. How is it faster on paper ffs?
Eck
Premium Member

25th Aug 12 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

I find this in diesels. They pull really well and give a greater sense of speed. Much like stripped out cars.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Aug 12 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As 3cm said cs, will dismiss something when they haven't been near it

Actual weirdos
Steve
Premium Member

25th Aug 12 at 19:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what's Cs internet diagnosis? That puma isn't faster? Can we have reasons as iv still had none.
Eck
Premium Member

25th Aug 12 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
As 3cm said cs, will dismiss something when they haven't been near it

Actual weirdos

At first I was just questioning your idiotic assumption that a close ratio gearbox will always be faster, as that's fucking retarded. But to say its quicker, people tend to be sceptical. You're the same person that said a 106 gti would own a Corsa VXR on a track, so without any proof other than your opinion it'll be taken with a pinch of salt.
John

25th Aug 12 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa VXR seats look a bit unsupportive.
Eck
Premium Member

25th Aug 12 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whereas 106 GTi leathers are the pinnacle of secure seating.
Corsa_Sport21

25th Aug 12 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve, whats the gear ratios's for the FRP box and the standard IB5??
Ojc

25th Aug 12 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clueless boy, told me uprated pads make no difference
Nath

26th Aug 12 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Corsa VXR seats look a bit unsupportive.

One of the all time great cs quotes!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » BMW Mini forum 23 database queries in 0.0133669 seconds