corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Private plate transfer - new plates

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Private plate transfer - new plates
antnee

User status: Offline
15th Sep 12 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How long do you have to get the new plates on the car when your transferring a private plate?
big eck

15th Sep 12 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The plates need to be changed that day if your goin direct to the local dvla office as you'll have the new tax disc and mot changed over to the new plate there and then. Mind and let the insurance know that day as well.
John

15th Sep 12 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They don't always swap it there and then. Seems to be hit and miss.
john_redtop

16th Sep 12 at 06:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Swapped my plate over about a month ago had to wait a week for the paper work to come back before I could put the plates on and let insurance know then logbook came a week later
Simon_16v

16th Sep 12 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did mine at the local DVLA office and said I could put it on there and then as you get a new tax disc and MOT to match new plates
antnee

16th Sep 12 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We did it through the post, got the paper work through on Friday, but haven't been able to get the plates sorted yet.
john_redtop

16th Sep 12 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon_16v
I did mine at the local DVLA office and said I could put it on there and then as you get a new tax disc and MOT to match new plates

Was yours a transfer between 2 cars or just a plate been put on a car from retension or buying new
Mertin

16th Sep 12 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv found that when putting a plate onto retention then you have to wait for the tax disc to come in the post before putting on your previous reg, usually a few days for the office to process it and then send it out

For putting a plate onto a car the 3 times Iv done it then it has been straight away at the office with a new tax disc and MOT cert there and then. They usually ask if you have the plates made up and tell you to do it asap, usually Iv a 60 mile drive home from the office before I change them

[Edited on 16-09-2012 by Mertin]
Simon_16v

16th Sep 12 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john_redtop
quote:

Was yours a transfer between 2 cars or just a plate been put on a car from retension or buying new

That was from a retention certificate, had only just bought the private reg
john_redtop

17th Sep 12 at 07:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by john_redtop
quote:

That was from a retention certificate, had only just bought the private reg

That's why it was done there and then when I first bought mine it was put straight on but when transferring between 2 vehicles it takes a little longer

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Private plate transfer - new plates 23 database queries in 0.2065620 seconds