corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 'New car' thread

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 'New car' thread
GteRedtop

User status: Offline
19th Sep 12 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've found a car that i like and will be going to view it atleast in the next day or so, BUT the car is a cat D because it had paint damage in the past? When they say 'paint damage' does this mean some prick has paint strippered the car in other words? Also which would be the best way in finding out every detail about its write-off? I know how to have a quick scan over a car before purchase but with this car handing over so much money im going to want to go over it with a fine toothe cone, any pointers or suggestions will be great

heres the link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160882617863?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D160882617863%26_rdc%3D1
CORSA NUT

19th Sep 12 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like strong money for a 2004 A3, even for a non Cat D!
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

19th Sep 12 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

simple answer is you will know as much as the seller is wiling to tell you. He may have a lot of info he may have nothing
GteRedtop

19th Sep 12 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is quite expensive i agree, but i think this is because it has been made to look like the black edition. Dont quite have the founds for an origional black edition 2011
John

19th Sep 12 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paint damage, ie every panel was damaged and it was the same price to put new shape ones on.
Ian W

19th Sep 12 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT

Bit to much imo
Brett
Premium Member

19th Sep 12 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT

Was thinking the same, 88k miles too.
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Sep 12 at 22:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What was its pre-claim value in 2011? Would have needed 60-ish% of that in damage to write it off.

I'm all for not automatically swerving stuff on the register but that's a few grand of work, just see what you can find out about the job and have a proper look around.

Although as posted, you'd probably get a straight one for that and you'll certainly have less problem moving that one on. That 2011 facelift will date just as much when something else comes out.
Ben G

19th Sep 12 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could have been a crazy ex girlfriend putting dents in every panel on the car.

would easily cause more than a few grand damage.
_Allan_

19th Sep 12 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never mind all that, it's brown fuck that.
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Sep 12 at 01:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brown Audi though, which is better than a white one, which is better than everything else.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 'New car' thread 23 database queries in 0.0131571 seconds