corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mileage on a diesel Beemer

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mileage on a diesel Beemer
Jakey
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Sep 12 at 14:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does high mileage bother people? I've been looking at E91 320d BMW but for my budget can only seem to find them with over 100,000 miles on the clock.

What are the engines like on these?
Balling
Premium Member

24th Sep 12 at 14:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think any amount of miles will kill modern diesel engines.

Driver seat will have been sat in for 100,000 miles though, and the steering wheel will have been worn shiny.
If the price is right, I wouldn't be too concerned about moon miles.

Ben G

24th Sep 12 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as it's been taken care of, it should be fine.

Bear in mind the whole car has done over 100k miles though, so stuff will be getting worn, needing to be replaced.
ajscorsa

24th Sep 12 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my e46 is going on 95k and it runs smoother than my mums diesel volvo with 20k on the clock. im sure its pretty much the same engine in the e91 so i'd say dont let the miles worry you if the rest of the car is sound
Fad

24th Sep 12 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy on condition. I have had some fleet stuff with north of 100k that drive better than something with 60-70.

Some cars sit on the motorway so no wear on clutches and suspension where as some cars get driven through cities where its start stop and plenty of speed humps.

I personally think it will be fine my e90 was on 100k and it felt masively better than the other 100k VAGs I have owned.
Ben J

24th Sep 12 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A 100k mile Diesel BMW with FBMWSH won't be an issue.

Jakey
Premium Member

24th Sep 12 at 16:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys. Definitely wouldn't buy one without seeing a substantial amount of history with it!
sri_baby

24th Sep 12 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Believe it or not a few years back we got a transit tipper in for welding on the chassis and the mileage was 750.000 miles lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mileage on a diesel Beemer 24 database queries in 0.0063910 seconds