corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Most Interesting "New Car" thread you'll read all day...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Most Interesting "New Car" thread you'll read all day...
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Sep 12 at 11:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought my missus a 62 plate Corsa 1.2 Active last thursday, I say bought - it's all in my name she just pays me the payments as she's a supply teacher and thought getting finance might be sticky in her name.

We got 7 day free insurance which runs out tomorrow, it's in my name and she's a named driver- though the propery policy would be in her name with myself as a named driver when we come to renew tomorrow.

This morning on her way to work, somebody in front braked quite suddenly to turn off the A-Road they were on, my missus slammed on and managed to stop without hitting the micra in front - but the 12 plate Merc behind my missus ploughed right into the back of her My missus then got punted into the Micra in front, but at much slower speed than the impact between Merc and Corsa.

The Merc has got pretty nasty frontal damage, though I'm sure it's all crumple zones making it over dramatic.

Corsa has got a smashed rear bumper - no obvious creasing under the boot carpet but the boot lid popped open and won't close again. Front of corsa is caved in, but less dramatic than the rear - little crease on the bonnet too.

Micra had a little dent to the rear - got away with it compared to the other two tbh.

Everyone stuck around at the scene, and I got called from work so I went to go calm everyone down and make sure the relevant details were recorded. I rang the dealer we got the car from, and he put me through to the vauxhall insurance people who immediately decided that my missus was no way at fault and we wouldn't have to pay excess or lose NCB

My missus has a (genuine) sore neck so insurance people advised to go to minor injuries and have somebody look at it - we did that and confirmed it's whiplash so that has been noted. As my missus is a supply teacher too, she's also noted down loss of earnings for today.

It's been a reasonably smooth experience so far, but we'll see if the merc driver has a different version of the truth etc.

I was going to wash/polish and wax the corsa this weekend and post some photo's up... don't think I'll bother now

Odds on for write off?

[Edited on 26-09-2012 by Kyle T]

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
nathy_87

26th Sep 12 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm confused. One sentence your missus didn't hit the micra then in the next breath it's dented it a little?

Sorry to hear that though Kyle.

[Edited on 26-09-2012 by nathy_87]

VrsTurbo
Premium Member

26th Sep 12 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
I'm confused. One sentence your missus didn't]/b] hit the micra then in the next breath it's dented it a little?

Sorry to hear that though Kyle.

Really!

The merc pushed the corsa into the micra
Ben G

26th Sep 12 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You say she didn't hit the micra, then talk about the front caved in?
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Sep 12 at 11:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah yeah, sorry. My missus stopped clear of the micra, then the punt from the Merc drove her into the back of the Micra... if that makes sense.

I'll video some dominos if needed

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

26th Sep 12 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Repost on my part.
pow
Premium Member

26th Sep 12 at 11:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be checking the policy documentation and hoping it says that it'll replace a under year old car with a brand new one and hoping it is.
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Sep 12 at 11:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I'd be checking the policy documentation and hoping it says that it'll replace a under year old car with a brand new one and hoping it is.

We've got GAP with the dealership, is that what you mean?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Wrighty

26th Sep 12 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oops
mwg

26th Sep 12 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's usually the case that you'll get a brand new car if written off under a year old. Your gap insurance will cover it if not.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

26th Sep 12 at 12:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
quote:
Originally posted by pow

We've got GAP with the dealership, is that what you mean?

No m8
Toby
Premium Member

27th Sep 12 at 05:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would be wanting a new one tbh. Just tell the insurance company that's what you want for x and y reason, its up to them to fight it with the merc's insurance

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Most Interesting "New Car" thread you'll read all day... 24 database queries in 0.0170200 seconds