corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fuel filling problem on 1.0 corsa B

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fuel filling problem on 1.0 corsa B
shelidz

User status: Offline
3rd Oct 12 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok right I have a dillema, I use the pump as normal, and it does the same with every pump, no matter what.

I put the nozzle in, and the handle clicks off straight away, no matter how far in or out I put the nozzle, and it doesn't matter which way I twist it in there either.

I can usually get about a fiver in it. Bit confused why at this stage. but I really have to trickle that in too. if its too fast it clicks. I cant win.

has anyone experienced this before?

someone has mentioned to me a blocked breather but, surely it would still go in a bit?
Bprice91

3rd Oct 12 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine also does this and I ent got a clue why
Takes ages to fill the tank
tobyc20xe

4th Oct 12 at 01:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some have said the little flap at the top of the filler neck brokes off and falls down blocking it so check that to.
RichR
Premium Member

4th Oct 12 at 05:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you pulling the lever in all the way on the pump handle? I've found with almost all my cars with a side mounted filler that if I only pull in the lever 1/2-3/4 of the way, it doesn't click off as much. Also rotating the handle to 45degrees seems to make a difference too.

Only car I've ever been able to just fill the lever and fill as you would want to is the TT but this is a straight down fill, ie the nozzle goes in vertically.
Generation

4th Oct 12 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What Toby said

New Poll