corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vauxhall Insignia SRI cdti - Update bought something diff!! P2

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vauxhall Insignia SRI cdti - Update bought something diff!! P2
djgritt
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Sep 12 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NovaGTE2
Here is the skoda i am also considering Autotrader Link Has low miles but a few years older that the Insignia.

Oldest of the old ones there, as '56 is when the PD 170 vRS was introduced.

Fairly decent interior, and a strong performing engine, with basically the Golf GTi Chassis, and it handles pretty well for what it is.

Biiiiiiiiig old boot on them - Estates are pretty pimping.

17" Wheels were standard, 18" Wheels an option. Both are the identical in terms of style though.

Race Blue paint was a cost option too.

If it has a big on board computer between the dials with white displays etc, it has the Maxidot option. Far better than the standard Trip Computer.

Cruise control was a cost option also.

That one linked looks to have the Jumbo pack (IIRC) option - A/C'd Armrest storage, armrest itself, dual zone A/C and rear electric windows.

Seats are pretty comfortable, but I found them to sometimes become a bit painful over long distances. The Grey Alcantara material wears easily - check the forward most part! Always had complaints from rear seat passengers about comfort - seat bases don't have much padding in the rear.

I had mine from factory delivery to 94,000 miles over a 2 year period. I did really like the car in general, was just put off by the fairly significant faults it had

- Engine mount snapped and wrote off the engine (At 11 days old from the factory, and resulted in being off the road for 6 months during legal wranglings with Skoda/VWAG)
- Gearbox failed due to failed seal/loss of oil - believed to have been damaged in the above
- DPF Failure - recall/technical bulletin change item anyway, mine failed a week before it was supposed to be going in for the remedial work
- Boost hose failure

The DPF is a common failure, the rest seem to because mine was probably a Friday car.

Mine;

Colour coded Grille surround is a must for looks! (I have a Grille surround ideal for painting sat in my lock-up if you go for one btw... )

They map to around 200bhp. I never had that done on mine though so can't comment on how that feels.

[Edited on 27-09-2012 by djgritt]
Ojc

27th Sep 12 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone is moaning about the 1.8 but the 120 & 140 diesels are slower as is the 1.4 Turbo. It's no worse than a 318i

Ours is perfect for the job, nice comfy car looks nice is decent on fuel and cheap insurance. It's not my only car so doesn't need to be a fire breather and will be chopped in for a Astra J VXR in a couple of years
NovaGTE2

3rd Oct 12 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought something rather different in the end!! A sweedish tank!!!

Not this actual on but basically the same colour and interior combo.
am4nf

4th Oct 12 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was looking at some volvos the other day and estates with leather usually have crazy built in booster seats

Those above are comfy as n decent to drive
Gareth T

4th Oct 12 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice choice with the XC90. Octavia VRS would have beeb a good choice also.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vauxhall Insignia SRI cdti - Update bought something diff!! P2 23 database queries in 0.0551372 seconds