corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Confidential statement advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Confidential statement advice
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Oct 12 at 11:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need some advice for my missus.

She was called into work a few months back and asked to give a statement about her manager who was being investigated for sexual harassment to another member of staff.

My missus didn't want to be involved and tell her stories etc but was promised its 100% confidential and not to worry he would never know who said what.

The guy has been released but bumped into another girl who gave a statement and said that he had been shown them all and who said what.

Now my missus is fuming. But really what can/should she Do?

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
chrisritch

8th Oct 12 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speak to the citizens advice bureau

Edit - Thats not me trying to take the piss and fob you off but I imagine they will be more helpful than a Corsa forum

[Edited on 08-10-2012 by chrisritch]
Dan
Premium Member

8th Oct 12 at 11:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a few clever people here.

Regardless of what she does. What could she get out of it. All I can see is an apology.

Evidently he's also been in threatening the new manager. :/

chrisritch

8th Oct 12 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
There's a few clever people here.

Regardless of what she does. What could she get out of it. All I can see is an apology.

Evidently he's also been in threatening the new manager. :/

sounds like a fucking nutcase
Kerry

8th Oct 12 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sure he's not blagging?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
8th Oct 12 at 12:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The meeting should be confidential as well so if he's discussed the contents of that, that would also be a disciplinary issue. Especially as it has the ability to be done in a threatening way.

Depends if the company want to get rid of the guy, if so then it'll strengthen the case against him. If not then he'll carry on doing what's he's doing, life will be worse for those around him and there's nothing at all you can do. As you say, perhaps an apology, probably a half assed one at that, they can't really undo the fact that confidentiality has been compromised.

Problem is you can't really guarantee confidentiality in a small situation like that, even if you remove the names people will still work it out. If you removed enough to make it completely impossible to work out who said what, you'd probably not have much of a statement left.

Taking it forward she needs to decide whether she can carry on working there and if so, just do that. Putting your honest thoughts on a piece of paper isn't anything to be ashamed of and if its all the truth then regardless of whether it pisses the guy off, she was right to do it.

Best she can do is stand by what she wrote down. It doesn't make work any easier when people know you're making a case against them but if he wasn't doing things wrong you wouldn't need to.

Above all, remind her its a job and not real life.
Brett
Premium Member

8th Oct 12 at 12:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Nath

8th Oct 12 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
Sure he's not blagging?

This. I reckon he's calling some bluffs.
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Oct 12 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

As in - office politics and bullshit are not really worth getting stressed over. I used to really worry all the time about stuff like that and it got me down, then I stopped worrying, still got paid the same, enjoyed my life more. Its very easy to get wound up in it and lose sight of the fact that you're only there to earn some money.
Brett
Premium Member

8th Oct 12 at 12:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I agree with that, the "it's a job" bit, just not necessarily that "it's not real life" bit. Maybe taking it too literally

[Edited on 08-10-2012 by Brett]
Nath

8th Oct 12 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still spending about 8hrs a day with this weirdo. I can see where his missus is coming from.
Dan
Premium Member

8th Oct 12 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The guy has been sacked already. Didn't word it well at start.

She's been on the phone to her manager and he's adamant he has not seen the statements. He is purely shit stiring. This manager has also said he no longer feels safe in the area and wishes to move back to Norwich stores for safety

Ian
Site Administrator

9th Oct 12 at 00:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its likely he's been told enough to work it out. Not seeing the statements and not getting the gist of them is not the same thing.
Ste
Premium Member

9th Oct 12 at 03:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if there are four girls in the office and he was shown four statements each damning him but none had names on, surely it doesn't take a genius to work out they all put a statement in

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
MatthewR

9th Oct 12 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If she told the truth in her statement what is there to worry about??

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Confidential statement advice 24 database queries in 0.0158331 seconds