corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » NewBuy - Government Backed 95% Mortgages

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author NewBuy - Government Backed 95% Mortgages
Colin

User status: Offline
13th Oct 12 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone up on this at all?

Me & the wumen went to view a new build yesterday and the saleswoman mentioned this but didnt know much really at all.

I found this on the house builders website, but its still not very clear :

NewBuy - Government Backed 95% Mortgages
NewBuy Scheme
The first ever government-backed mortgage indemnity scheme is now available. The NewBuy Guarantee scheme aims to help homebuyers who only have access to a 5% deposit.

Under the new programme, developed jointly by the Council of Mortgage Lenders and Home Builders Federation (HBF), 95% percent mortgages will be made available to existing homeowners as well as first-time buyers (FTBs) on new-build properties (houses and apartments) worth up to £500,000.
This is welcome news for first-time buyers in the capital and surrounding areas, where the average price of housing is much higher than anywhere else in the UK and also for existing homeowners who are looking to move up the property ladder into larger homes - our part exchange scheme is available through select lenders.
The typical deposit needed to buy a home is 20 per cent; so for a home worth £200,000 buyers using the NewBuy scheme need a deposit of just £10,000 rather than £40,000.
Charles Church will have lending arrangements with Santander, Halifax, Woolwich, Nationwide and NatWest for NewBuy offering a wide selection of options to homebuyers.
NewBuy Eligibility Criteria
The NewBuy scheme is only available to purchasers of new build houses or apartments, priced up to £500,000
Purchasers must be UK citizens or those with a right to remain indefinitely in the country
The NewBuy scheme is only open to those purchasing their principal home
Purchasers may be first-time buyers or those already on the property ladder
The NewBuy scheme is not available for shared ownership or shared equity purchases
Getting started with NewBuy

Use our search facility and once you have found a new home that you are interested in contact or visit the development for further information.
Living in Scotland?
A similar scheme - MI New Home - is available for house purchasers in Scotland.

Terms and Conditions
NewBuy scheme is available subject to status, terms and conditions and using a Charles Church-nominated solicitor and/or financial adviser as necessary. NewBuy will not be available in conjunction with any other financial incentives, such as deposit paid, legal fees paid or stamp duty paid. Charles Church cannot advise you on a mortgage. This particular mortgage also requires a clean credit record. Written details available on request. YOUR HOME IS AT RISK IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON A MORTGAGE OR OTHER LOAN SECURED ON IT.

Basically the house I looked at was £277k & there offering me a 10k discount and full PX.

However with the above deal the woman said they can do the house for £250k. I'd only need a 12.5k deposit and stamp duty would be 1% instead of 3%. Ultimately meaning i'd be able to keep my current house to rent out, with the view of selling it eventually when its worth more 5-10yrs!?

Does anyone know if that sounds right?
Russ

13th Oct 12 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You may find you can't buy it if you already have one mortgage other wise loads of people would just buy to let them
Colin

13th Oct 12 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only thing I can see slightly hinting this is - 'The NewBuy scheme is only open to those purchasing their principal home'

So what i'd need to make current home BTL, or declare its not a main residence, like the mp's do to avoid cap gains tax.
Colin

13th Oct 12 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im 70% LTV on current home is that enough to swap to a BTL?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

13th Oct 12 at 14:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First buy is FTB only. Might be able to loophole it if your missus hasn't been on a mtg before.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Colin

13th Oct 12 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is newbuy, not firstbuy.

Under the new programme, developed jointly by the Council of Mortgage Lenders and Home Builders Federation (HBF), 95% percent mortgages will be made available to existing homeowners as well as first-time buyers (FTBs) on new-build properties (houses and apartments) worth up to £500,000.
Colin

13th Oct 12 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd normally be dead against a 95% mortgage, however the plan would be to rent out the current one making a few hundred a month then once it goes up in value sell it and dump the liquid into 95% one.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

13th Oct 12 at 16:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will earn too much money to be apart of the scheme iirc
Russ

13th Oct 12 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I doubt it if its allowing people to get a mortgage for 475k!
MarkM

13th Oct 12 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CGT on any profit on the second home once sold don't forget.
Colin

14th Oct 12 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you not get round that by swapping your primary home to the one you sell and if not what's the threshold for tax?
Russ

14th Oct 12 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought new buy was England only? scotland is my new home, or something and only goes upto 250k homes
Toby
Premium Member

14th Oct 12 at 16:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Can you not get round that by swapping your primary home to the one you sell and if not what's the threshold for tax?

Yes but needs to be for 6 months plus
Toby
Premium Member

14th Oct 12 at 16:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin

Yes but needs to be for 6 months plus
Toby
Premium Member

14th Oct 12 at 16:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and principal its a good idea. BTL mortgages usually require a 25% deposit and the fee's are extortionate so you need to make sure your committed long term
M2RTY

15th Oct 12 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we couldnt get around the FTB stamp duty holiday even if only 1 of us hadnt had a home in our name before, so i put it in my lass's name and then added me on afterwards - might be similar here?

stuartmitchell

16th Oct 12 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could put the new house in your Mrs name if she has not boughta property already?
Colin

16th Oct 12 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont trust wumen!
stuartmitchell

16th Oct 12 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good point mate
M2RTY

16th Oct 12 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go down as a dependant with interest, her name on deeds, signed by solicitor, sorted and covered!
whitter45

17th Oct 12 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin - how much is your curent mortgage as I thought it was around the 1k mark

Cant see you making money on renting it out if you mortgage is that high
Colin

17th Oct 12 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£540, rent for 700-800.
Toby
Premium Member

17th Oct 12 at 17:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

interest rates are higher on BTL mortgages so bear that in mind but even if it costs you each month, small price to pay for an investment
sc0ott

17th Oct 12 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What house builder did you visit?
Colin

19th Oct 12 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was Charles Church. Decided not to bother pursueing it now though.

Placed a deposit off plan on a new Kier house instead, however it won't be ready for around 12 months.

New Poll