corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » EE 4G

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EE 4G
LeeM

User status: Offline
23rd Oct 12 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meh, for now I just see it as intended to be a bit faster than 3G, so a bit more expensive.
Nic Barnes

23rd Oct 12 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who the hell uses several gig of mobile Internet a month. Probably people that can afford to pay for it, so I don't see the point. I'm on ee, mine is 3 gig a month.
Chrissy
Premium Member

23rd Oct 12 at 13:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
Meh, for now I just see it as intended to be a bit faster than 3G, so a bit more expensive.

Agreed.. If I were to go for 4G my mobile browsing habits wouldn't instantly change to me streaming movies all day. My data usage would stay the same.. It would just be a quicker experience.

I just don't think the speed difference will be worth the difference in price from their £26 sim only tariff to Three's £12.90 monthly rolling contract with admittedly only 200 minutes (Which I rarely use) but with "All you can eat data".

>>>> Chris <<<<

LeeM

23rd Oct 12 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy
quote:

Agreed.. If I were to go for 4G my mobile browsing habits wouldn't instantly change to me streaming movies all day. My data usage would stay the same.. It would just be a quicker experience.

I just don't think the speed difference will be worth the difference in price from their £26 sim only tariff to Three's £12.90 monthly rolling contract with admittedly only 200 minutes (Which I rarely use) but with "All you can eat data".

Shit, got 4G. Better download everything on the Internet.
Rob_Quads

23rd Oct 12 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO I 'think' one of the benefits of 4G is that is carried better so where you might not get a singal at the moment on 4G you would. Thats the good part.

In terms of speed I can't think of a a single time that I have had a problem with download speeds when I have 3G. Even driving up the M1 I was able to watch Sky Sports on Sky Go via my phone when there was 3G with a really good picture.....then the picture dropped out after 10 minutes and we lost all signal..but when 3G was there it was fine.
Nic Barnes

23rd Oct 12 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly.
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Oct 12 at 13:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if pages are loading quicker, you are going to be loading more pages within your internet session, so you will invariably be using more, and as said streaming will eat it.

500mb 4g package is undeniably pointless
LeeM

23rd Oct 12 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
if pages are loading quicker, you are going to be loading more pages within your internet session, so you will invariably be using more, and as said streaming will eat it.

Or you can get your "session" done quicker..? Streaming will use as much data on 4g as 3G if you're watching the same things, so as said unless you change usage patterns you're not going to use more data
Nic Barnes

23rd Oct 12 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Or you can get your "session" done quicker..? Streaming will use as much data on 4g as 3G if you're watching the same things, so as said unless you change usage patterns you're not going to use more data
i wouldn't be doing anything different just because it was faster. Don't understand why people assume everyone will instantly use more as its quicker. I'd rather be at home and on wifi on the computer than on a phone to do my Internet.
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Oct 12 at 13:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

i find i generally use the internet on my phone when im bored so it will be to fill some form of time slot, so il naturally be loading more in that slot
Nic Barnes

23rd Oct 12 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm on 3G most the day on Internet at work etc dont think I've ever gone over the 750mb limit or even that near it. Load of rubbish you would use more.
John

23rd Oct 12 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish you would stay out of threads with content you don't understand goldilocks. I can't see anything about welding and/or a turbo in here?
Nic Barnes

23rd Oct 12 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's to understand other than you winge on about nothing relevant when your argument is based around nothing of actual intelligence, just ignorance?
LeeM

23rd Oct 12 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no nic, people with 4G simply MUST download 10 times as much as when they had 3G or its a waste

[Edited on 23-10-2012 by LeeM]
John

23rd Oct 12 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not commented on how much anyone uses in here, or what normal usage should be.

Just that you could use your whole allowance in 2 minutes, which is nothing other than fact.

Pretty simple.
LeeM

23rd Oct 12 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you could use your whole allowance in an hour or 2 if you streamed on 3G, so you dont.
solution if youve got 4g? dont download a 500mb file unless youre on wifi.
Nic Barnes

23rd Oct 12 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
you could use your whole allowance in an hour or 2 if you streamed on 3G, so you dont.
solution if youve got 4g? dont download a 500mb file unless youre on wifi.
nobody does this according to john
AndyKent

23rd Oct 12 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sure why you two are arguing about this. John is actually right.

At the moment you might not open youtube links for example because it takes too long to stream.

With 4G it will very quickly stream, therefore you will open the links.

Doesn't take many youtube videos to hit 50 or 100mb.

As soon as people get used to being able to stream, their consumption will naturally go up. Masses and masses of research from America showing increase in data usage as people change.
LeeM

23rd Oct 12 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well, johns right in the fact that if you go 4G just to download and stream more then thats not enough.
im right in the fact that its enough if you just want your current usage but faster.

Nic Barnes

23rd Oct 12 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
I'm not sure why you two are arguing about this. John is actually right.

At the moment you might not open youtube links for example because it takes too long to stream.

With 4G it will very quickly stream, therefore you will open the links.

Doesn't take many youtube videos to hit 50 or 100mb.

As soon as people get used to being able to stream, their consumption will naturally go up. Masses and masses of research from America showing increase in data usage as people change.

on 3g the quality is reduced a lot on youtube etc so that it uses a lot less when you are watching a video so i dont see why this would change really. my ee plan is for 3gig a month which im sure will be plenty. i dont really want to do more than average day to day stuff on my phone, as i have a computer at home for main internet things

im not saying john is wrong, just very ignorant with his reasoning for moaning about nothing that will affect any changes upon anyone. how many people only use 3g anyway? i only do at work.
John

23rd Oct 12 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nobody gaf what you think tbh. You continue to achieve your aim of disrupting every thread on here about anything you don't understand.
Nic Barnes

23rd Oct 12 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i understand it. i just think youre ignorant to the truth.
Dom

23rd Oct 12 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Usage naturally increases with bandwidth/data rates as more services become available and usable to the masses. You only have to look at networks in general to see this.

And no-one is saying that your usage will change overnight; it won't.

noshua

23rd Oct 12 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't wait to have an unlimited 4G plan so I can tether to a tablet and stream a film on the go instead of messing about and filling up the memory.
John

23rd Oct 12 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely you can't have a legitimate use for more than 500MB of data?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » EE 4G 26 database queries in 0.0232050 seconds