corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » ep3 Civic type-R (30th anniversary edition)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ep3 Civic type-R (30th anniversary edition)
sand-eel

User status: Offline
27th Oct 12 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought this a few weeks ago...
89k miles, full honda service history, completely standard apart from the JDM wind deflectors.

Crap photos I know.
So far I've had to weld the backbox hanger back on as it snapped off the backbox...then for some reason the exhaust was rattling on the floor pan...then one of the downpipe to cat bolt snapped. Off to honda for new bolts/springs/gasket £17 and then an exhaust place to fit them for £20 not bad. The guy spaced the front hanger down a bit so it wasn't rattling off the floor...possible aftermarket oem system isn't fitting properly but all good now.
Had to buy new rear droplinks as well as it's rattling, but on further investigation they aren't even tight so have prob elongated the ARB bolts holes :bad-words: may need to partially fill the holes with weld at a later time.
It wasn't vtecing properly as well...a litre of 5w40 FS was poured in as it was low and cured it.
Boring stuff out the way...
Plans for now, think i'm getting a comptech icebox soon and maybe in the future a password:JDM big carbon airbox so will throw battery in the boot instead of buying that expensive small battery upgrade.
Lower 30mm on probably Apex springs, £111 on ebay posted isn't bad.
Red mats to match the carpet, not official Honda JDM ones at £150 or whatever...will be £35 ebay specials haha.
May get a custom exhaust as the angled ones look nice but not many off the shelf.

New drop links worked nicely...holes were a bit elongated but not bad enough when tightened.

Also got a new custom angled back box.

2.5" pipe, 5.5" Cobra box with 4" tailpipe.
Sounds pretty good.

^my fav.

Got an AEM CAI...

...and a tow hook

bye

[Edited on 27-10-2012 by sand-eel]

[Edited on 26-11-2012 by sand-eel]
sand-eel

27th Oct 12 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NB - The above was copied from a civic forum so may not make total sense n shit.
ArdenblueDan

28th Oct 12 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

car looks good buddy

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » ep3 Civic type-R (30th anniversary edition) 24 database queries in 0.0111661 seconds