corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » TyreForums acquired by VerticalScope

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author TyreForums acquired by VerticalScope
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
4th Nov 12 at 20:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This won't matter or be of interest to a lot of people, but I personally think its rather big news. TyreForums own All Corsa and MIG, amongst many others.

http://www.verticalscope.com/about-us/TyreForumsAcquisitionAnnouncement.pdf
fazza

User status: Offline
4th Nov 12 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what does this mean to us/you/CS?

Cole

4th Nov 12 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They also own astraownersnetwork as well don't they
neil h

4th Nov 12 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't say i'm a member on any of the forums in mentioned (on here or their website) but I'm not sure its a good thing.

I was a member of the MBUK forum way back when. When it was rebranded under the 'bikeradar' domain and combined with WhatCycling etc it was never the same. The site became a lot more commercial and the forum moderation soon followed. Killed a lot of the banter and the community that was the MBUK forum.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Nov 12 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure yet, my gut feeling is its bad for the clubs concerned as although Steve Dawson who owned TyreForums lied about becoming closely involved in the forums he was purchasing, at least he was in the UK and possibly might have thought about re-investing income to the clubs who were earning it for him.

They'll do OK from a technical standpoint, the VS infrastructure is top dollar, but its basically killed any sort of offline expenditure.

[Edited on 04-11-2012 by Ian]
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

4th Nov 12 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

more stands of the year trophies for you then!
Nic Barnes

4th Nov 12 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hopefully it won't wreck allcorsa as its not a bad site. more focused towards its www. name
Sam
Premium Member

4th Nov 12 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
This won't matter or be of interest to a lot of people, but I personally think its rather big news. TyreForums own All Corsa and MIG, amongst many others.

http://www.verticalscope.com/about-us/TyreForumsAcquisitionAnnouncement.pdf

Has he not approached you yet?
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Nov 12 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, CS doesn't rank high enough in search engines so the advertising revenue isn't as attractive.
neil h

4th Nov 12 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank god This place wouldn't be the same if it was ran by a big(ish) corporate body.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Nov 12 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm slightly disappointed if I'm honest, I did have a bit of a plan of getting some money together and asking that Steve guy about moving AC on, looking less likely these days.

Even stuff like a VBOA application, they require applicants to have some sort of budget to buy things like the liability insurance, that will be a stretch if the money is going abroad.
neil h

4th Nov 12 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah would imagine it has its advantages tbh having a bit of financial backing.

Only problem is like I say when you start making forums more commercial the moderating really does have to be strict to the letter of the forum rules. Its a lot harder to let stuff slide 'cus its banter' if you've got companies paying in for advertising space.
Sam
Premium Member

4th Nov 12 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep CS independent
*CorsaCal*

4th Nov 12 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Advert posts on mig among others already does my head in now im sure thatll get worse!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » TyreForums acquired by VerticalScope 23 database queries in 0.0454149 seconds