corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Womans insurance to go up 25%

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Womans insurance to go up 25%
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
12th Nov 12 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heard this on the wireless at lunchtime, apparently some people in suits have ruled that car insurance companies can no longer discriminate between male and female drivers.

So of course, instead of mens insurance getting cheaper they are going to increase the cost for females.

Will this affect you? I was talking to people in office about it and i was like "get in" "fcuking cunts, getting cheap insurance for having boobs" Then they all start moaning because it really means they have to pay more for the wife and theirs joint policy.
3CorsaMeal

12th Nov 12 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could Hammer spell check this for me please as i think my last bit of last sentence could be worded a bit betterer
Robin
Premium Member

12th Nov 12 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome. Our insurance bill will go up by about £200 now. Fucking woo.
.Matt

12th Nov 12 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i heard correctly it the 25% increase only applys for women under 26, and men under 26 also get a 10% decrease in insurance.

And also not coming in till next year in december
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
12th Nov 12 at 16:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If insurers are legally forced to charge more for something which is inherently less risky, that means they're making more money, which means they can afford to do better deals, which means market forces will equilibrate the margins for male drivers. It can't be bad news for men, just means men need to shop around and ask for the best deal as there will be more room to move on their policies.

I do think the whole thing is insignificant compared to the amount of money PI still costs the industry, but that's another matter. Sooner that is legislated for the better.

[Edited on 12-11-2012 by Ian]
Hammer

12th Nov 12 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Will this affect you? I was conversing with a number of my fellow employee's in the office about the subject, proclaiming enthusiastically - "Get in! An end to females obtaining substantially cheaper insurance by merely owning a pair of breasts". Subsequent to being thoroughly lambasted by all and sundry as this now signifies they will have to disburse more for their joint marital policies
Hammer

mattant

I just thought it was averaging out, so women's going up and men's going down. It just means that if two policies are exactly the same then they will be the same price, rather than the woman's being cheaper

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Womans insurance to go up 25% 23 database queries in 0.0138090 seconds