corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car battery charger

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car battery charger
belton

User status: Offline
5th Nov 12 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone here use a car battery charger? With winter here its time for my pulsar to go in the garage until march time next year . . ideally i would like to keep the battery off the car indoors as i dont have any power sources in my garage.
i have tried google etc but want some first hand opinions
cheers
Y869 SRA

5th Nov 12 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do but if you wanna know where I got it, fook knows. Had it for as long as I can remember.
Try Halfrauds.
cayenne15
Premium Member

5th Nov 12 at 13:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think there are a few makes but the trickle chargers are best for this. My step dad uses it for his Harley.
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

5th Nov 12 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use an oxford battery charger/conditioner on my bike in the garage. Charges the battery then just trickle feeds it to keep it healthy till it is used again
Rich H

5th Nov 12 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's off the road for that long a trickle charger is your best bet. Halfords do make one but it's pretty basic - ie just charges, doesn't monitor voltage etc.

I use a CTEK one on clients cars when they're in my unit, and many of my clients use CTEK ones on their collections too
davegreen
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 05:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use ctek trickle chargers, they can also be used to recharge flat battierys. cost about £40, demon tweeks, halfords, lmf, and other motor factors have them.
sam_homepc
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a C-TEK I use on the Cerb, excellent bit of kit

Arden Blue Irmscher Corsa B - Now Splitting
For Sale Thread
belton

6th Nov 12 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stoneyginger
i use an oxford battery charger/conditioner on my bike in the garage. Charges the battery then just trickle feeds it to keep it healthy till it is used again

i was looking at an oxford charger in a motorfactors yesterday, was about 40£ as well and looked a nice bit of kit, although didnt get it as i had no idea what i should be paying for a charger

ill have a look about at both oxford n ctek, thank you very much everyone
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my oxford one is good, came with connections to make it so all i had to do was lift the tail seat up and plug it in, less fiddly than getting into battery all the time. Presume it would be same idea as car battery
belton

24th Nov 12 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just got one off ebay guys, got a cheapo one for the time being (£8!), bidded on an off chance and actually won!
It hasnt come witth the crocodile clips though! It has spade connectors to fit them, but can i just buy any old crocodile clips of ebay? or do they need to be a certain strength etc

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car battery charger 24 database queries in 0.0095460 seconds