corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » opinions needed work/resign/contract law

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author opinions needed work/resign/contract law
Matt L

User status: Offline
28th Nov 12 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically, handed my notice in at old place of work around 20th Oct can't remember exact date buit's on the letter, asked on the letter for them to confirm any outstanding holidays etc.

Anyway worked my notice and it was agreed I would finish on 16th Nov (despite my first letter I received (2 weeks later) from work stating my last day was the 23rd April 12 yet another sign hr are shite) eventually get a corrected letter neither of the letters confirmed any holidays due or anything.

My original contract stated that if I left I would owe back study (fair enough) at certain %'s depending on wheni left and when the exams were.

My issue is at no point between me handing my notice in and leaving or before I got paid did they mention any deductions so I was expecting 26 days pay (around 1400) checking my Balance today and they paid me 330

Anyone know if I have any come back as they have deducted somethin without confirming with me a)
the amount or B) if it is financially possible for me to have it all deducted at once.

Tbh I'm fuming atm as I think it's disgraceful the way they have dealt with the whole thing.

[Edited on 28-11-2012 by Matt L]
jacko198

29th Nov 12 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best bet is to get onto ACAS, they sorted me out when i was having troubles in my old job
luciaadr

29th Nov 12 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You work(ed) as a trainee accountant didn't you?

As you say there'll be a clause in you contract that they can claw back any training costs incurred if you leave before the end of your training contract, up to a maximum of say (i think mine was) £6,000. Training isn't cheap!

Technically they confirmed to you already that deductions apply in you contract. Your financial wellbeing is not their problem, especially as you've left.

However I would expect (demand) a breakdown of my final paypacket to at least spell out how it was calculated.

I had to do the same when my Mrs left her job, was poring through her contract and their workings. They fucked it up (or rather, didn't adhere to the contract) and I got another grand out of them.
AndyKent

29th Nov 12 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely first thing to do is get them to explain how they arrived at £330. That'll detail any holiday owed or training and you can argue it from there.
James

29th Nov 12 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should get a final payslip with details of any deductions. Not sure if it's a legal requirement but I would imagine it's no different to a regular payslip.

TBH unless they have got the calculations wrong (unlikely), I doubt you have much of a case.
James

29th Nov 12 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it makes you feel better, when I left my last job, I owed them £1500
Toby
Premium Member

29th Nov 12 at 11:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have a right to ask them how they calculated the deductions, but after that i think your going to struggle with anything else.
Seany

29th Nov 12 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will probably find they will post your final payslip out to you.
Matt L

29th Nov 12 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well spoke to acas and they said they were fine to take it without any warning as i signed the contract 2 years ago stating they could.

tbh its not the fact that they have taken it back that has annoyed me as i knew i had t its just the way they have done it without warning of the amount or even any mention that they were actually doing it.

Im just glad that it hasnt actually affected me too much as i dont have any direct debits out of that account.

I got a response from payroll who confirmed how they came to my actually pay for days worked + holidays but only stated that they were advised to deduct £875.83 for the 1 exam fee (no breakdown of where that came from)... which leads me to not want to query it further as tbh I thought I actually owed more for previous exams.

like I say I have no issues paying it back just not impressed they didnt let me know the figure they were deducting before hand as in the contract all it states is %'s of fee's paid, at no point do I ever get told the actual fees they pay.

[Edited on 29-11-2012 by Matt L]
AndyKent

29th Nov 12 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you think you owe more better keep quiet

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » opinions needed work/resign/contract law 23 database queries in 0.0094681 seconds