corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Random bog outs and a squeek when accelerating..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Random bog outs and a squeek when accelerating..
LukesCorsaSXi

User status: Offline
18th Dec 12 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sup guys, I pulled up to a junction the other day and as I stopped, the engine just bogged out. It wasn't an immediate cut out as it coughed and spluttered for a few seconds first. It just seemed to lose all revs and cut out on me. I started it back up and it did the same, but allowed me to set off. This was last week, and it hadn't done it again since until last night. The car had been running for about 45 minutes just stood still then suddenly it just cut out, same again lost all revs coughed and spluttered and died. Started straight back up again though and drove perfectly.

The other problem is whenever I press the accelerator, I get a high like squeaking whining sound. Whenever I let go of the accelerator it goes. Then comes back again as soon as I press it.

Could these be related? Or has anybody had any experiences like this before?

Cheers for any replies.
*CorsaCal*

18th Dec 12 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fault 1 could be the ICV or an air leak in the inlet?

Fault 2 sounds like a tensioner bearing on the cambelt? This often happens when a cars stood? if you can get to the pulleys squirt some WD40 in the centre of each until the noise goes away.
LukesCorsaSXi

18th Dec 12 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the reply mate

I'll have to have a look at those later then. Could the cut outs be anything to do with the temperature of the engine? My engine gets hot quickly if stood still, so being stood for 45 minutes can't be doing it much good can it?
*CorsaCal*

18th Dec 12 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you say it gets hot it doesnt go into the red on the guage does it?

I wouldnt have thought so but i suppose it could be related if its a temperature sensor causing fault 1 but ive not heard of that before.
LukesCorsaSXi

18th Dec 12 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Since ive owned the car, its never been stood for that long without moving before. Not with the engine turned on anyway. Didn't check the temperature just as it bogged out either. That's something I will have to check though if it does it again.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

18th Dec 12 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check the throttle body isn't gunked up. My 1.2 used to suffer with the revs dropping too low, gave the throttle body a clean out and it ran sound. The only sensor I've known to have heat issues on that engine is the crank sensor but when that goes faulty, it needs 10-15 mins to cool down before it'll start again so it's not likely to be that.
corsadonk
Premium Member

18th Dec 12 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a air leak, or icv fault.

New Poll