corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Android - Internal memory storage almost full

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Android - Internal memory storage almost full
*CorsaCal*

User status: Offline
17th Dec 12 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My girlfriends phone (Samsung galaxy ace) keeps getting a message something similar to the title. It has 16Mb free internally and over 7GB free on the 8GB SD card. But its got to the point where it wont let her receive texts because her memory is full. It isnt!! Everything that i can move to the SD is on there but theres loads of stuff it wont let me move to the SD but i dont know why, the box is just greyed out. Its been happening for ages but only today stopped her receiving texts. Its doing both my and her heads in! any help would be massively appreciated before i smash the phone up!!!!
pow
Premium Member

17th Dec 12 at 22:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Back up what you need and factory reset it
*CorsaCal*

17th Dec 12 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could do ive heard this will only be a temporary fix though. Have you heard of 'rooting'? Will this help?

[Edited on 17-12-2012 by *CorsaCal*]
Welsh Dan

18th Dec 12 at 02:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rooting your girlfriend may make you feel better, unsure as to how it will sort the phone out
Dom

18th Dec 12 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apps, SMS and contacts DBs are all stored on the internal storage; hence the error message. Depending on your android version (iirc, GB doesn't have this feature as standard), the best bet would be to try and free up space on the internal by moving some of your apps to the SD card (APP2SD).
*CorsaCal*

18th Dec 12 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ill give apps2sd ago but i dont think it will help much as i have already moved all it will let me move manually. If not then its a factory reset and see what hsppens i guess.
Toby
Premium Member

18th Dec 12 at 11:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rooting it will help if you can find a rom that moves the SD Ext to the SD card (i think that's right) then you partition part of your SD card and the Rom then looks on the SD card for its internal memory which is as big as you want, would recommend about a GB. Does come with its flaws, the roms can become laggy as the apps are operating from the SD card (which will be a bottleneck in comparison to the internal memory) and rooting comes with its own issues phone dependant. I've rooted phones that were one click, others I've had to use command lines etc and thatbwas a stretch for me as I don't know a great deal other than what I've read.

edit: its my understanding that apps2sd only moves the app data to the SD card where as this moves everything including the app itself.

[Edited on 18-12-2012 by Toby]
*CorsaCal*

18th Dec 12 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see, thanks for the explanation. What would be your plan of action at this point if i dont like the idea of rooting it cuz i struggle with exel let alone computer jargon?
Toby
Premium Member

18th Dec 12 at 22:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a new phone......

New Poll