corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa B C20LET - buying advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B C20LET - buying advice
rhyslj91

User status: Offline
31st Dec 12 at 02:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys, I have been saving for some time and am looking at buying a corsa B C20LET within the next few months. I was just wondering if anybody could give me any tips on problems I should be looking out for . Any help, or if you know for any that are for sale would much appreciated. Thanks

[Edited on 31-12-2012 by rhyslj91]

[Edited on 31-12-2012 by rhyslj91]

[Edited on 31-12-2012 by willay]
corsadonk
Premium Member

31st Dec 12 at 10:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Poor wiring, knacked engine and gearbox.
Sean

31st Dec 12 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Poor wiring being the biggest problem, hardest to find my loom on my xe was a state so its a case of starting again you could spend ages trying to find the problem...
rhyslj91

31st Dec 12 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys, with regards to the wiring apart from it being a mess is there anything that will not work due to the conversion or should everything work as normal?
Jambo

31st Dec 12 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Follow the loom from the drivers side bulkhead opening and look for any splits/shiney/worn parts, look on the wings and see if there is any visable black smudge where it's been rubbing
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

31st Dec 12 at 14:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everything should work as normal. As said the biggest problems with these engines at this age is wiring.

If it were me I'd be looking for something that looked like it had had a lot of money put in to it as they're more likely to have spent time making sure everything was correct.

The few that I see pop up on ebay a lot tend to look like they have been slapped in without much care.

Make sure the gearbox doesn't crunch or whine as Mike said and the engine isn't chucking out smoke etc.

Make sure you see it from a cold start up to listen to knocks and tapping etc.

[Edited on 31-12-2012 by Darryl H]

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
corsadonk
Premium Member

31st Dec 12 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also how much are you looking to spend? It might be worth looking at Z20LET Corsa C's, a lot more modern, and they to work or not, because the wiring is a bit harder.

Have a look at this thread, it's now for sale.
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=644072
rhyslj91

31st Dec 12 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks yet again for the help, I see from what you are all saying I got a lot of work ahead to find a good one. And with regards to my budget it's around the £3000 mark possibly more for something special lol. Also on the corsa C side of things, I have thought about this but I'm a really big fan of the Corsa B and not so much of the Corsa C
jrdn7

31st Dec 12 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That one is Corsadonk's link is a bargin motor, would be a good bet. Ben doesn't mess about!
bigron1988

31st Dec 12 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
Also how much are you looking to spend? It might be worth looking at Z20LET Corsa C's, a lot more modern, and they to work or not, because the wiring is a bit harder.

Have a look at this thread, it's now for sale.
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=644072

going to stick 12months mot on it in the next few days, then a proper for sale add will go up
Daimo B

3rd Jan 13 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Offf thats great Bigron, if only it had a towbar for my bikes

Was trying to tempt wifey to let me buy it as a runaround car for me, upgrade my crappy assed fiesta.

She said no, told me to grow up and move forwards I reminded her of one of her own cars Very nice C, I want it

[Edited on 03-01-2013 by Daimo B]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa B C20LET - buying advice 24 database queries in 0.0142050 seconds