corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Named drivers ncb

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Named drivers ncb
Christopher

User status: Offline
10th Jan 13 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right im not 100% clued up on this and im sure it varies between different polices. Ive been argueing with dad for days as he recons i can just put it down when looking for a policy of my own and get asked how many ncb i have? But i thought it can't be it must only be insurers that ask for specific named drivers ncb? Am i right or does it count for both as when i look at quotes on gocompare etc they only ask for ncb and dont specify named drivers?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
10th Jan 13 at 09:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It won't be applicable in all cases.

Depends on the insurer who issues it as to what they give you and it depends on the insurer you present it to as to whether they accept it.

There's no blanket cross-market way of obtaining bonus while named on another policy.
Christopher

10th Jan 13 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank you Ian! Thought this would be the case! Guess i just have to ring up every insurer to get a quote :/
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
10th Jan 13 at 09:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also note that a lot of insurers will accept bonus on a quote no questions asked, but when you accept the policy and pay for it they'll then ask for the proof and either cancel it or put the price up if you can't supply.
mattant

10th Jan 13 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Churchill used to gave you named driver NCB but you could only use it on their policies, it didn't apply for any other company. They also refuse to give any confirmation of how long you've been a named driver for unless it's to their advantage.
Fonz
Premium Member

11th Jan 13 at 07:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ this, tends to be the same company you had the named driver policy with that you can use the ncb on.
Sean

11th Jan 13 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bell knocked of £200 for me I just said id been a named driver for a year they phoned co-op to confirm.
Simon_16v

11th Jan 13 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I rang Admiral and asked if my NCB as a named driver on my mums Tesco policy would be useable on a policy of my own as they said "Yes, as long as you don't have an accident before the end of the policy".

Needless to say once the policy had finished and I phoned Admiral again, they tried to get out of it but I just said that someone earlier had agreed to using them on my own policy and they agreed but "we don't usually do this" came up in conversation

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Named drivers ncb 23 database queries in 0.0093091 seconds