corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What would you do?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What would you do?
DanCobb

User status: Offline
24th Dec 12 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right I bought a used 59 plate corsa sxi from vaux in November this year and its been in twice already for a steering rack and steering column. Most recent was the column today so went to collect today and still makes the same noise AND there's now a scratch on the rear quarter which I know defiantly wasn't there when I took it in. (I clean this car most days so I know it wasn't there). So went straight back in and he came out to look at the problems and said they will ring on the second of jan for me to bring it in. Now I've only done 1260 miles in this car and pretty pissed off as I'm sure you'd be. Now what would you do? Take it on the chin and see if it gets sorted on the 2nd? Demand a refund (if possible) write a strongly worded letter to head office. Felt like jumping on the windscreen on the car in the showroom this morning .

I can sort that pretty easily at work tbh but that's not the point,

What would you do or am I over reacting?
Christopher

24th Dec 12 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh be honest dan I would of handed them the keys and asked for the money back in my hand but I get wound up easily with things like this! Like taking my car to the garage and my engine mount done up finger tight so my engine could have fallen through my car any second! And 2 clips slapped one on my air box and one on my air intake! Bit major things but not the condition I left it in!
shaunmods
Premium Member

24th Dec 12 at 13:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd just take back 2nd if they have agreed to sort it and see what they say Dan? As for the scratch, if you worried about a noob valeter making a hash of it (if it will polish out that is) maybe see if they will cover the costs got you to get it sorted at a place of your choice?

[Edited on 24-12-2012 by shaunmods]
DanCobb

24th Dec 12 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I think I'll see what happens on the 2nd Shaun. He said the vaux bodyshop is shut until the second so he will leave my case open until then. Aslong as they do the job properly I'm not bothered. As for the irritating squeaking noise that squeaks when I turn my steering wheel, I think I can just about put up with that untill the 2nd. & yes Chris I did feel like putting the key through the windscreen tbh, so annoying!!
jameswalshe1990

24th Dec 12 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got one of these corsa d's what a bag of shit they are, mines an 11 plate 1.4 on 2000 miles vauxhall declared my car unfit to be on the road due to steering issues, they had it in roughly ten times trying to sort problem out up to 20,000 miles then at 40,000 miles the ignition module went and various other things, now I'm on 51,550 miles and they management light still flickers on and off, luckily for me mines a company car that I have to have for three years ( cant see mine lasting that long ) but if it was mine I'd be wanting a refund, all my work colleagues have had various problems with there's aswell, vauxhall have got these d's so wrong
John

24th Dec 12 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GF had a D for 3 years and didn't have 1 problem with it.
DanCobb

24th Dec 12 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha I wouldn't go as far as saying its utter shit but every time I have to go back for warranty work that's not getting done properly I start to dislike the griffin more and more as the only reason I bought it was because I needed a safe and reliable car to drive my new born son around in. Bastards
DanCobb

15th Jan 13 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Collect it tomorrow apparently all fixed and scratch free we shall see.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What would you do? 23 database queries in 0.0176740 seconds