corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2007 Skoda VRS Petrol - Any experience?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2007 Skoda VRS Petrol - Any experience?
Ricky352

User status: Offline
1st Feb 13 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have been offered one of these at a bargain price. Comes with no service history though and a previous owner removed the engine management light. Interior is slightly rough and the front bumper seems to have sagged a bit, or its been in an accident at some point.

96k on it, and the first thing I'd do is change the timing belt. It's just been serviced.

Mate had it for sale for ages for a lot more, but he must be in need of the cash, or realises its not worth what he was looking lol.

£2,800
CORSA NUT

1st Feb 13 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You not get the message I sent you Ricky?

Oh and sounds like a shit heap avoid.
Ricky352

1st Feb 13 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye mate lol, had decided to keep my Cavalier since I know a lot of its history and have changed belts and sensors and serviced it.

The VRS is so cheap though, but your right it is a bit of a dog. My preference would be your shape to be honest.

I'm dead set on keeping the Cav, but just wondering is this too good an opportunity to miss. Perhaps not.

[Edited on 01-02-2013 by Ricky352]
LeeM

1st Feb 13 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bargain?
high mileage,
no history,
youve been told its hiding a fault,
rough interior,
rough bodywork.

for nearly 3 thousand english pounds??? i can do you a good deal on some magic beans...
kennySRi

1st Feb 13 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same as what Lee is thinking, what a pile of crap that sounds

Do you not think it'll be worth checking what the fault is rather than just saying the EML bulb has been removed lol?
LeeM

1st Feb 13 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like its worth scrap value. definitely not 3 bloody grand
nathy_87

1st Feb 13 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ricky352
The VRS is so cheap though, but your right it is a bit of a dog. My preference would be your shape to be honest.

Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, ricky. He has got the Octavia.
Ricky352

1st Feb 13 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fault was fixed once my mate bought the car, not sure what it was but it had a strange idle. But the fact the light has been removed is obviously not a good sign. It does appear to of had a shitty life.

I put it into some valuation site, asked for mileage and registration, and it said it could be worth £3,800 at a private sale. Obviously this doesn't take the state of the car into account.

Cheers for replys folks

EDIT: Think I'll give it a miss and keep cruising in the Cav.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2007 Skoda VRS Petrol - Any experience? 23 database queries in 0.0123210 seconds