corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lambo Aventendor Detail

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lambo Aventendor Detail
Graeme
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 13 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Thing is if you are doing this for a living is it not easier/safer just to take a few readings with a meter before you set about it?

True but the way they go about it and "build up a 3d picture" it takes alot of time aswell.

It seems that alot of detailers have to get all this kit and feed in the bullshit to justify the costs.

[Edited on 02-02-2013 by Graeme]
Gary
Premium Member

2nd Feb 13 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is extortionate when you compare it to a proper trade, you wouldn't expect to pay a sparky a grand plus for 2 days work
Dave

2nd Feb 13 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not doubting there is a lot of bullshit spouted for one minute, I'm still pretty sceptical about it all myself. I'm just speaking as a person who has a van packed with tools, most of which I could probably manage without if I wanted but all of which make my job easier and give a better results.
taylorboosh

2nd Feb 13 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id love to meet the man who pays someone in nike air-not-even-max and trackies around £5k to wash his car.
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Feb 13 at 19:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by neil h
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I can see how thick a clearcoat is with my own eyes and im far from an expert, I imagine someone at a body shop could easily judge a clearcoats thickness accurately by sight

I would love to meet the man who can accurately judge the thickness of something measured in microns

It doesnt need to be that precise, a good bodyshop worker will know how much is safe to take off
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Feb 13 at 19:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
It is extortionate when you compare it to a proper trade, you wouldn't expect to pay a sparky a grand plus for 2 days work

that aswell
taylorboosh

2nd Feb 13 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The problem with detailers imo is all the retards setting up after reading a few pages on dw push the price of the ones that can do a decent job up.

I cant deny that some results are awesome, mostly what blukoo or rich have posted is all ive seen however.

But, i would never pay that sort of cash myself.
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Feb 13 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take that whats his name who had the nurburgring astra, the really anal bloke, paul was it?

Anyway, anyone ever read on his story about becoming a detailer? He started off hiring a guy, who he sat watching, after his second visit he started helping him out doing it, then after a few more visits decided he'd learned enough to setup his own business doing it

Imagine if I hired a sprayer to spray parts on my car, and I watched him a few times, then decided to setup my own bodyshop business

[Edited on 02-02-2013 by Steve]
taylorboosh

2nd Feb 13 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Take that whats his name who had the nurburgring astra, the really anal bloke?

Ojc?
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Feb 13 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No that twat who returned his brand new astra because he found some sticker residue on it
John

2nd Feb 13 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It always shows in the write ups.
taylorboosh

2nd Feb 13 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
No that twat who returned his brand new astra because he found some sticker residue on it

I know the one, with all the shit bling on the engine
GB123
Premium Member

2nd Feb 13 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that the one who detailed his dyson?

[Edited on 02-02-2013 by GB123]
neil h

2nd Feb 13 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
The problem with detailers imo is all the retards setting up after reading a few pages on dw push the price of the ones that can do a decent job up.

Now this is something I think we can agree on lol.

There's a couple of lads on CCUK like this. Buys foam lance, grit guard and a machine polisher. Washes mates car, starts detailing 'business'.
taylorboosh

2nd Feb 13 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will doyle?
neil h

2nd Feb 13 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Will doyle?

He's not on CCUK (thank fuck).
Graham88

3rd Feb 13 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Take that whats his name who had the nurburgring astra, the really anal bloke, paul was it?

Anyway, anyone ever read on his story about becoming a detailer? He started off hiring a guy, who he sat watching, after his second visit he started helping him out doing it, then after a few more visits decided he'd learned enough to setup his own business doing it

Imagine if I hired a sprayer to spray parts on my car, and I watched him a few times, then decided to setup my own bodyshop business

Fair point but.....his business is very busy and has months worth of waiting list. So I'd guess he must be alright at it
Ben G

3rd Feb 13 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Part of that I think is due to it being 'in fashion' as such.

I told my mate at work about clay bars 5 years ago. This week he was talking about using a company to remove paint from his car and they use a new product called a clay bar

Seems it's the in thing to pay hundreds to get nice paintwork, and it also seems to be in to wash and polish the car and call it a detail
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
3rd Feb 13 at 02:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not disputing he or anyone else in the industry is good. What I said was that you can't set up a business knowing so little in other sectors and such businesses grow at a disproportionate rate compared to other sectors.

Both of those things point to the work being over-valued.

[Edited on 03-02-2013 by Ian]
p

3rd Feb 13 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
quote:
Originally posted by p
Without going through all of it, can someone give me the jist as to what's happened?

Someone hasn't put their Aventador for a major detail, and something really shoddy has happened, has it?

An Aventador had some dodgy paintwork,somebody fixed it, CS decided he wasn't wearing appropriate pants. Think that's about it.

Oh ok cheers
Jambo

3rd Feb 13 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I'm not disputing he or anyone else in the industry is good. What I said was that you can't set up a business knowing so little in other sectors and such businesses grow at a disproportionate rate compared to other sectors.

Both of those things point to the work being over-valued.

[Edited on 03-02-2013 by Ian]

Whilst I agree entirely with what you are saying, supply and demand would state otherwise and that, is what makes money.

I don't remember the last time my plumber came round how long he studied to become one.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
3rd Feb 13 at 14:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's certainly demand for it.
BenC1985

3rd Feb 13 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you lot not run out of things to say about "detailing"??? Im not a fan of it and wouldnt pay that much for paint correction but you lot are going on about it like theres no tommorow.lol If you dont like detailing dont read treads with "detail" in the title.lmao
John

3rd Feb 13 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Internet would be a bit boring if everyone agreed with everything, a bit like DW infact.

<<  7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lambo Aventendor Detail 23 database queries in 0.0147450 seconds