corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » front bumper help!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author front bumper help!
KeiranG

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 13 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been trying to get my front bumper off for ages. ive got every screw out except the ones that are under the arches. i have got the arches off fine but cant get the last clip pout for the bumper. i dont really want to snap it as i dont really want to bodge it back on.
apparently theres a flap that locates the clip
anyone tell me where it is. or how to get to it

also any one know if there is clips holding the door strips on. i dont want to pull them off and have holes there. 99 corsa b i have

[Edited on 03-02-2013 by KeiranG]
daine
Premium Member

3rd Feb 13 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you take your wheel off Keiran you'll see the small flap! prize it out with a flat bladed screw driver
and the plastic nut is behind it, if you've already got the arch off! there's a steel square you need to hold
in pliers to get it off.
As for the door strips, there's no holes as there glued on, but check to see if the doors been sprayed
before, cos if it has you'll need to have the hole door done.
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

3rd Feb 13 at 19:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jack the car up a little and pop the flap open just inside the wheel arch opposite the end of the arch, then you should feel the nut and be able to undo it

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

3rd Feb 13 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beaten to the reply

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
KeiranG

3rd Feb 13 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys all give them both a whirl tomorroww, been trying for ages to find the flap thingy.
and as for the door strips once ive pulled them off how would i get the glue off. without using one of them wheels, or is a wheel the only option??
csifku

3rd Feb 13 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by KeiranG
cheers guys all give them both a whirl tomorroww, been trying for ages to find the flap thingy.
and as for the door strips once ive pulled them off how would i get the glue off. without using one of them wheels, or is a wheel the only option??

white spirit or t-cut and strong arms )
KeiranG

3rd Feb 13 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers dudes. ive got both so all see how they goo thanks again
csifku

3rd Feb 13 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by KeiranG
cheers dudes. ive got both so all see how they goo thanks again

take one cloth, out white spirit on it, soaked it and just put it on the sticker and hold it for 10-15 seconds so u gonna soak the glue .. but careful what cloth u use, use a microfibre ones , otherwise u can scratch the lacquer ...
Aidan-Fleming

5th Feb 13 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hair dryer or heat gun is better and easier to take the glue off mate
Aidan-Fleming

5th Feb 13 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Once you have most of it off then put some spirit on a microfiber and rub off the remaining residue

New Poll