corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » duff battery?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author duff battery?
corsayoung

User status: Offline
12th Feb 13 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

afternoon

got a funny one and not sure if it is battery at fault or not. Changed thermo on my vectra diesel yesterday removed battery and tray for access, put all back together and all seemed legit started first time. Then did a bit of a bea madjustment on the fog lights, so turned lights and fogs on without ignition on, went to move the car and click click click, dead battery?

Jumped it from friends car, no issue, thought thats the end of that went on a 20 mile drive and came back turned off, and click click click.. won't restart. All lights on dash, headlights etc working.

Removed battery, trickle charged it overnight, checked this morning with a multimeter and it was 12.69v.

When attached to car it dropped to 12.2v, with ignition on 2 and ready to crank it was 8.9v..... back with key out ignition it goes to 12.3v (i imagine it will keep going down more times i try crank)

Now does it seem just like a duff battery, maybe tilting it a little when we removed it the first time? Or is it there is a ground somewhere we have knocked and unaware about?

Issue i have is why didn't it recharge in the 20 miles i drove? Which is making me think maybe something else...

Any help appreciated..
davegreen
Premium Member

12th Feb 13 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from what you have said i would say your battery isnt holding charge anymore. so a new one is the answer. you could jump start it again and test charging with all loads on lights, fan, ect you should see 13.5 or more volts across the battery.
Fonz
Premium Member

13th Feb 13 at 11:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could what ever you replaced be causing an earth/shorting issue thus drawing a charge and reducing battery output??

New Poll