corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mileage on Diesels

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mileage on Diesels
AshWatson

User status: Offline
15th Feb 13 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
Cylinder head issues, including cracking causing mixing of coolant and oil.
Also the ovaling of injector holes leading to poor running
Injector failure
Tandem pump failure resulting in fuel and oil mixing
Turbo failure
Flywheel failure
Inlet manifold flap failure - causing the fuse to pop for the flap and cooling fan activation
EGR problems
Glow plug problems
DPF differential pressure sensor failure
Oil pump drive failure - in both chain and gear drive versions

theres probably more

reading the above ^ makes me think keep a few pennys aside lol, are they "common" problems that happen ALOT matt ?

ive just bought a 57 plate Seat leon FR 2.0 TDi 170, I'm a technician at a Suzuki dealers and it was a trade in which i then bought, one woman owner done 58k miles had the timing belt and water pump done a few K ago, after having it a month the DPF differential pressure sensor required replacement but my work (where i bought it from as said) paid for the new part seen as I'd only just bought it although it was only about 60 quid, any feedback/info would be appreciated, im guessing you either get a good one or a bad bad one like most cars lol

[Edited on 14-02-2013 by Mattb]
Fro

15th Feb 13 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have an A3 2.0tdi BKD just ticked over 138k. Has a noisy flywheel and a small puff of blue on startup every now and again, other than that engine is spot on.

Have heard of the above problems, but the engines must have been produced in their millions so there's bound to be a lot that will have issues.
Graham88

15th Feb 13 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a 1.7 Astra MK5 Estate for £1900 on a 55 plate with 102k miles. Drives perfectly and still gets like 500 to a tank probably more I dont check or drive economically tbh

And I crash into stuff for fun, great car!
AshWatson

15th Feb 13 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fro
I have an A3 2.0tdi BKD just ticked over 138k. Has a noisy flywheel and a small puff of blue on startup every now and again, other than that engine is spot on.

Have heard of the above problems, but the engines must have been produced in their millions so there's bound to be a lot that will have issues.

As you said mass produced engines used in VW, Audi, Seat and Skoda so bound to be problems but im guessing you either get a good one or a bad one lol

what bhp variant is the BKD ? my 170 is a BMN if i remember correctly, noisy flywheels are expected on any diesel with a dual mass really as they do wear, is it the original or are you un-sure ? And my friend has a 2.0 tdi A3 140bhp with 122k on and only thing his suffers with is a noisy flywheel and alternator belt tensioner collapsed
deano87

15th Feb 13 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I part-x'd me 12v Corsa in 105k and it was as strong as anything. Would have been good for umpteen more miles.

A derv on similar would be ideal, especially if you're not spending a lot.
Fad

15th Feb 13 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had Vectra 2.2 dti amazing runabout and for £1700 couldn't grumble and had a good spec being an sri
Andrew

15th Feb 13 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
My wife's 1.3 CDTI Corsa C does 500+miles to the tank.

Considered one of these but not sure i could go back to a smaller car after owning a bigger one for several years Still a possibility though

These are great budget cars. I had the van version recently and would do 100 miles to a tenner.
Mattb

16th Feb 13 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fro

This is spot on.

There are some of them out there that are unfortunately bags of crap and probably even more that have been problem free their entire lives
BMN is a decent enough engine, certainly a better choice than the BKD imo
The transvese variants seem to last a touch better, no idea why - theres one particuar longitudinal variant in the A4 which is just plain crap, cant remember for the life of me which one however

Dave

16th Feb 13 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BLB, the failure stories sound horrific.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mileage on Diesels 23 database queries in 0.0139050 seconds