corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Does insurance legal cover include claims made against you?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Does insurance legal cover include claims made against you?
Butler

User status: Offline
19th Feb 13 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been asked by Direct Line to appear in court regarding a claim which was made against me which they have been relentlessly battling for the past two and a half years. I'm not really even bothered if the case goes against me anymore, I'm just wondering if now the case is going to court whether I'll be liable for any of the costs? I will of course ring the solicitor in the morning, but just wondering if anyone can offer any peace of mind in the mean time!

Thanks.
BluKoo

19th Feb 13 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah. You guys have to pay court fee's in England don't you?

I'd imagine it should cover you, but you should check with the insurance company instead of the solicitor.
Toby
Premium Member

19th Feb 13 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its my understanding that 'legal' cover is in the event that legal proceedings are brought against you and not when they have to go to court to have it settled by a magistrate.
Robin
Premium Member

19th Feb 13 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wtf happened for it to be going on for this time?!
deano87

19th Feb 13 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I went into the bank of someone about 18 months later I got a court summons from some Newcastle solicitors when the victim lived 10 miles away. Clearly a no win no fee thing.

I just gave it to the insurance company for that claim and they sorted it. I got s letter from mine to sign and say I was liable.

All sorted outside of courts etc and my legal cover sorted it.
Butler

20th Feb 13 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Wtf happened for it to be going on for this time?!

Not a lot apparently. Apparently legal proceedings could be another 9 months.
Darren

20th Feb 13 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
Its my understanding that 'legal' cover is in the event that legal proceedings are brought against you and not when they have to go to court to have it settled by a magistrate.

Legal cover is when your insurance company appoints a solicitor to claim back any uninsured losses such as excess, injury etc.

Also insurance claims are a civil matter so will heard in a county court, not magistrates.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Does insurance legal cover include claims made against you? 23 database queries in 0.0115070 seconds