corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Michael Laudrup

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Michael Laudrup
Hammer

User status: Offline
25th Feb 13 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not as a manager but as a player, is he one of the most under rated footballers of all time?

Never mentioned in any discussions when it comes to the greatest players of all time or rarely when the top 10's are being discussed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zUsCZvol-I

Just watched the first 10 minutes of that and it brought back how outstanding a player he was. He'd be worth upwards of £50 million in todays market with ease. Like a mix of Iniesta and Riquelme; close control, vision and weight of pass are outstanding to watch.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

25th Feb 13 at 22:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brian was better but Micheal was still awesome

[Edited on 25-02-2013 by IvIarkgraham]
Steve
Premium Member

25th Feb 13 at 22:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently still the best player in their training
Jamie Walby

25th Feb 13 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't he once get voted best foreign player to play in Italy of Spain?
Cavey

26th Feb 13 at 05:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, he was voted top foreigner to have played in Spain, so he's probably just underrated over here.

Although I think Brian was better too
chrisd1983

26th Feb 13 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They were both classy players in there day.

I like what Michael has done with Swansea took Rodgers' style and made them more ruthless in front of goal. Although I think he will head back to a top job in Spain
corsa - gus

26th Feb 13 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As a Rangers fan who sees Brian as a legend i will tell you right now he was not a better player than Michael.

A mention also has to go to Hammer for not taking the bait aswell
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 14:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it wasnt bait, he actually was better
Scotty_B

26th Feb 13 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Both Brian and Michael ar legends.

Back in the 90s I was always praying Michael would join Brian at Ibrox.
Robbo

26th Feb 13 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Michael is an odd one... voted 12th (?) best player for Real ever in 2002 apparently by Real fans, lauded by so many pundits and yet also had a very odd career... left Denmark for a failed spell in Italy taking in a few clubs where he did poorly, so superb for cruyffs barca untl they feuded and he left for a new 'challenege' at Real (playe din 2 consecutive 5-0 wins in el clasico, one for barca when he was there, one for real when he was there!) claiming that they had less players at US94 and a new coach so would be fresher etc. and also missed out on Denmarks Euro 92 victory after falling out with the coach there. And odd career but an amazing player on his day, and miles ahead of his younger brother Brian . one of my favourite players as a kid, think talk of him to a big club is premature (he himself says he doesnt want to go to a big club where success is only measured by trophies - perfect for arsenal or lierpool?!?! lol) as he hasnt lasted long at any of his clubs and also swansea was well set up when he arrived BUT as i said on twitter on sunday, swansea won that match 5-0 because they took bradford seriously, never disrespected them and they were hungry from the get-go (i thinkl bradford and parkinson were totally overawed by the occasion and partly undid their previous good work by being so utterly abject but an amazing achievment nonetheless) - somehting my team could do with fucking learning!
Robbo

26th Feb 13 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
yes steve
Steve
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
yes steve

yeah...paragraph
Robbo

26th Feb 13 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ps for you steve, my 'paragraph', that was football knowledge not the kind of stuff one picks up from the daily star. penile moron
Steve
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looked more like a magic eye to me, infact i stared at it for 20 seconds and saw Wenger appear in the blurb, shouting something about informations?

[Edited on 26-02-2013 by Steve]
stuartmitchell

26th Feb 13 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember Brian tearing Hearts apart for many years. He was almost untouchable in the 90's, excellent player!

Fuck knows what he made of Gazza though
Robbo

26th Feb 13 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a shame really when you look back at some of the class teams in the mid '90s such as that Rangers team, sorry Ham Ham), Marseille '93 (cheats yes but the players didnt really do much wrong), Ajax of '95, Dortmund of '97 (OK they have come back a bit since being bailed out by other clubs but look set to go backwards again if they lose all their star players and manager + Bundesliga is growing in stature) etc. being completely marginalised by being in the 'weaker' leagues :/

you just cant even foresee a time when a team like Porto of '04 coudl get clsoe to winnign CL now :/
stuartmitchell

26th Feb 13 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Totally agree Robbo! Think we have been lucky to see some truly incredible teams!!

As far as Scottish football goes, I think we had it best in the 90's (maybe pushing early naughties).

Now it's a shambles. Celtic apart, We arent too far off Welsh and Irish football leagues now!

[Edited on 26-02-2013 by stuartmitchell]
Robbo

26th Feb 13 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still think that surely some kind of "Other European leagues" League (like the Atlantic League proposal) would be best for some clubs but will never happen

Galatasaray were another crackign squad when they knocked Utd out of Europe year after year when the 3 foreigners rule was in place

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Michael Laudrup 24 database queries in 0.0153170 seconds