corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Guess the crime punishment - answer inside

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Guess the crime punishment - answer inside
boylers11

User status: Offline
20th Feb 13 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wondered what people thought this guys punishment(s) would and should be:-
Basically a 20 yr old lad, who's known to the police. He's a druggie, petty thief and basically a drain on society.
He was caught trying to break into mine and other cars in a car park one night and managed to pinch someone's petrol cap!
So basically, attempted motor vehicle break and enter and theft from a motor vehicle.
Let the guessing commence...

[Edited on 20-02-2013 by boylers11]
nick_sri

20th Feb 13 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

caution
fred7

20th Feb 13 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not enough evidence so no punishment? Or a trip to a theme park at us good tax payers expense
Jay

20th Feb 13 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I'd say caution, on a similar note someone emptied all the tanks on the cars outside me mums over the weekend, snapped the fuel caps in the process. Bastards.
boylers11

20th Feb 13 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's the answer. I think it's a joke, you get £60 fine and 3points on your driving licence for doing a few mph over the limit and yet this is all you get if you're stealing parts off people's cars and trying to break in!
No wonder the country's in the state it's in!!

p

20th Feb 13 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is, are you surprised? I'm not.

chrisritch

20th Feb 13 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bringing this case to justice

What a bunch of laughable cunts they really are
Toby
Premium Member

20th Feb 13 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But then what are you expecting, then to waste even more tax payers money by banging him up for a month? And attemping to break into a motor vehicle, while distressing to the victim is nothing more than inconvenience really and maybe a small financial implication. Some people need to think about the bigger picture and ask themselves what they would do?
boylers11

20th Feb 13 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, the fine was useless for a start, he'll be on benefits anyway, which is technically tax payers money. I'd imagine he won't bother paying anyway, so all he's got to do is not be a naughty boy for 6 months?!
As if that's fair. At least give him a week of community service to help clean up the local streets or something!
I'm not saying he should have been imprisoned, but at least some form of punishment should have been carried out.
Toby
Premium Member

20th Feb 13 at 23:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was more aimed at Chrisritch as he seemed to be the most pissed about the outcome. You make a fair point but also answered your own question about the fine. He won't pay becuase he can't. Its backwards but what are the alternatives?
boylers11

20th Feb 13 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chop his head off? Lol
Steve
Premium Member

20th Feb 13 at 23:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do 35 in a 30 though and get a bigger fine!
Welsh Dan

21st Feb 13 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The justice system is a joke.

Its not a case of "its not worth locking him up as its only breaking into a car" etc. The scrote is presumably a persistent offender. If you lock him up for six months, thats six months that he isn't breaking into peoples cars. It gives everyone a break and sets an example.

We need more prison sentences, especially for repeat offenders. I know of people with 100+ convictions still managing to walk free with some conditional discharge or nonsense outcome at court.
Alex_Rally

21st Feb 13 at 06:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cut a finger or toe off for every convicted offence , they would sharp stop being naughty.... actually that would just make the little cunts go on the disability haha.

better idea , put them in the boxing ring with a pro boxer for a couple of rounds and let the boxer knock shit out of them hahaha job done black eyes galore haha

[Edited on 21-02-2013 by Alex_Rally]
SVM 286

25th Feb 13 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would send an armed response unit to kick him in the testicles at 6am. Every morning. For a year.

That might alter his perception of right and wrong.
dannymccann

26th Feb 13 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Capital Punishment is the obvious answer, kill 3 birds with one stone, he can't nick anyone elses stuff, he stops being a drain on the whole system, he cant reproduce. Job done

edit : 3 birds, not 2

[Edited on 26-02-2013 by dannymccann]
Sam
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by boylers11
Basically a 20 yr old lad, who's known to the police. He's a druggie, petty thief and basically a drain on society.
He was caught trying to break into mine and other cars in a car park one night and managed to pinch someone's petrol cap!
So basically, attempted motor vehicle break and enter and theft from a motor vehicle.

I'm guessing he was stealing to pay for his drugs?

I don't know how effective drug rehabilitation is but I'd suggest it would be better for the powers that be to address the root cause of all this so he could get his life together again rather than giving him a slap on the wrist and pissing off the victims of his crimes with the type of 'justice' served as that letter states. He isn't going to give a shit about this sentence, he will still do it and either end up in jail or dead.
Welsh Dan

26th Feb 13 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
quote:
Originally posted by boylers11

I'm guessing he was stealing to pay for his drugs?

I don't know how effective drug rehabilitation is but I'd suggest it would be better for the powers that be to address the root cause of all this so he could get his life together again rather than giving him a slap on the wrist and pissing off the victims of his crimes with the type of 'justice' served as that letter states. He isn't going to give a shit about this sentence, he will still do it and either end up in jail or dead.

You've not met many serious junkies. There is LOTS of help available and some of it is really good. Its just that a large part of them don't wish to engage with the help and will do the bare minimum to get a smaller sentence, then it'll be back to business as usual.
Toby
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But then you have never met the team responsible for his rehab so can't comment on the help provided. Don't get me wrong it is a complete joke but what are the options? (that in the eyes of the court humane) people whinge about taxes, would anyone be happy with a 5% rise in income tax to cover the costs? As it hasn't effected me (....yet) selfishly I would rather the financial implications/inconvenience to effect the person affected and not me.
Welsh Dan

27th Feb 13 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
But then you have never met the team responsible for his rehab so can't comment on the help provided. Don't get me wrong it is a complete joke but what are the options? (that in the eyes of the court humane) people whinge about taxes, would anyone be happy with a 5% rise in income tax to cover the costs? As it hasn't effected me (....yet) selfishly I would rather the financial implications/inconvenience to effect the person affected and not me.

I've not met his particular team, no. But I have met lots of different organisations, including the council funded ones and charitys. And i've met hundreds of junkies.

There is honestly lots of help different help available, if you're willing to accept it. The problem is when people don't cooperate with it, and thats when its money wasted.

[Edited on 27-02-2013 by Welsh Dan]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Guess the crime punishment - answer inside 23 database queries in 0.0278950 seconds