corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Student Loans

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Student Loans
NovaGTE2

User status: Offline
27th Feb 13 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have now paid mine off but they are still taking the bloody money! I rang end of November as i had been keeping tracks on it and with my wages at the end of Dec would mean that I would only need to part 2/3 of what I normally pay to complete it. They said they would issue a stop and it would stop after that one; so thought OK. Rang end of Dec to check as they took the full amount so was in credit; they said it can take a month to register the stop so had to wait until wage slip at the end of Jan; that came and they took it again...

So again rang and they said it should have stopped and they would issue another stop notice and I can claim it back by sending copies of my wage slips this year... So thought I would wait and check it didnt go out this month...but it did So ring again and now they took some more details such as tax code and employee number and sent something today to HMRC and said it should stop withing a month. So will prob miss this months payroll and have to pay again!!

Has anyone had a similar problem stopping the payments; if so how long and how many calls did it take to resolve!!

Also they now have about a grand of my money; should it be quick and easy to get this back when they finally stop?

RichR
Premium Member

27th Feb 13 at 15:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Happens a lot; you'll get a rebate of the over payment once hmrc/paye send the annual payment to SLC, I guess at year end so you'll get a rebate in April
RichR
Premium Member

27th Feb 13 at 15:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

However, it seems to take until September to get the annual statement now so who knows!!
NovaGTE2

27th Feb 13 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they dont seem to be too quick at anything!! I know I will get it back at some point but could do with it not going out a month as quickly adds up to a lot of money!
James

27th Feb 13 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I gave them plenty of heads up about when I intended to have it paid off and they stopped payments immediately. In fact I think I still owe them one payment as I had a month of unemployment when I had originally intended to pay. I should find out when my next statement comes through though.
Colin

27th Feb 13 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phoned up to pay mine off in full last December and the payments stopped no problem.
daymoon
Premium Member

27th Feb 13 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am glad I didn't take one out.
Robbing bastards still took £5.xx off of my wage when I was in 1st year!
deano87

27th Feb 13 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All I know is my payments vary depending on my salary as every month I earn a bonus. This month (January) it was £600. I got £350 in my back pockets thanks to the tax man and SLC.

Student loan is just going to hang over me like another tax.

Biggest mistake I made financially was going to Uni.
John

27th Feb 13 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting a loan and not having a degree that ends up in a job that can quickly pay the loan was a bigger mistake.
daymoon
Premium Member

27th Feb 13 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Getting a loan and not having a degree that ends up in a job that can quickly pay the loan was a bigger mistake.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Student Loans 23 database queries in 0.0105550 seconds