corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Vans

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vans
Cole

User status: Offline
9th Mar 13 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah yeah guess so was just looking at some vans we built at my work 58plates going for 5k mental they are refridgerated though so no good to you although they are 10ft by over 6ft wide box body's
lozarus

9th Mar 13 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd go with a transit all day long. I work on vans all day long, sprinters are big and nice to drive, and the newer twin turbo ones go quite well. But there shit. Constant eml lights. Boost leaks, dpf's get nicked regularly and is over a grand to replace the list goes on. Transits url probably need a flywheel at some point And if its an older one,08, egr will probably go if it ain't already been replaced.
Wouldn't even consider any others tbh stick with a transit n u can't really go wrong
Look for northgate vehicle hire, they specialize long term hires , all servicing tyres mots 24hr breakdown Etc
deano87

10th Mar 13 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dad has only ever had Transits for his work and he's a builder, so it gets pretty mullered.

Never once had a problems. Some vans he's driving into London every day, now he's doing more local stop start journeys and just as fine.

Touch wood never had a mechanical breakdown.

He's got a 115 T350 MWB medium high roof now, Trend model. It's the nuts.
Andrew

10th Mar 13 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are Transits not prone to rot?
deano87

10th Mar 13 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dads 53 plate was a bit shite and needed welding to get it through the MOT. Was only near the sliding door sill whichgets a lot of abuse. That was 8 years into ownership.

His 61 plate is alright so far.

Definitely not as bad as Vito's or Sprinters.
Root

10th Mar 13 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Better on fuel though? I'd tolerate poor performance if it was saving money, I already own a racing car.

Because we use fuel cards and I'm not paying for diesel, I honestly don't pay attention to fuel consumption.
I just think when I'm driving in a country road, pulling from a junction that has a blind bend/hill around 100ft away from said junction, that the vw is very dangerous in those conditions
pow
Premium Member

10th Mar 13 at 17:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ironically we've just got a van at work. It's a 3.0 TDCI Transit on the 08. And it goes like a fucking rocketship
Adster

10th Mar 13 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally i'd say sprinter. Drive one for work and they drive just like a car and there massive in the back!

Drove a transit and wasnt keen on the clutch and the brakes felt spongy...
Mattb

10th Mar 13 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

crafters arent that bad... i cant recall any huge problems when i was at a vw commercial center. Vw commercials have a 100000 mile / 3year warranty also
Andrew

10th Mar 13 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can only really comment on the 1.8 TDCI Ford Connect i had for 18 months. Slow as hell but felt really solid. I crashed into a Dispatch and did no damage apart from the number plate cracked and also got rear ended by a Golf. Again no damage.
Toby
Premium Member

10th Mar 13 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The new sprinters are dangerous, some are packing 200/220bhp and unladen are no heavier than a large german saloon.

Ive had a lot of experience with VW Transporter, good van but engine failed 3 times, a sprinter was a solid work horse but rotted like fuck and became expensive as some parts became Mercedes only. Transit ST, quite well put together and looked ok but certainly not worth the extra over a bog standard transit and think they are generally expensive unless you go for a tiny SWB model.
baza31

10th Mar 13 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are you intending to be moving in it that needs it to be so wide? Couldn't you load it sideways rather than flat?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Vans 23 database queries in 0.0137930 seconds