corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Transferring private plates through dealer

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Transferring private plates through dealer
Jakey
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Mar 13 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically, traded my old car in for a new one and the dealer said he would sort the paperwork for transferring the plate etc. I signed a form and he said I will have to pay £80 for the transfer, fair enough.

Today I've had in the post confirmation that I can put my private plate on my new car a long with a new tax disk bearing my private reg but I've not had anything about paying the £80?

Any ideas?
John

18th Mar 13 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He would have paid the £80 when doing it so he'll either chase you up or you've got away with it. DVLA have already been paid.

I read it again and it was defo £80 because it's a transfer and not a retention.

[Edited on 18-03-2013 by John]
Jakey
Premium Member

18th Mar 13 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sweet, will see if he contacts me but he never mentioned that I'd have to pay him when I bought the car so might get away with it
CORSA NUT

18th Mar 13 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I seriously doubt you'll get away with it
Jakey
Premium Member

18th Mar 13 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm always optimistic!
CORSA NUT

18th Mar 13 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And dealers are always sharks

Good luck though
Jakey
Premium Member

19th Mar 13 at 06:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Transferring private plates through dealer 23 database queries in 0.2337909 seconds