corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1 Series Owners This Way

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1 Series Owners This Way
SXI - Matt

User status: Offline
22nd Mar 13 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking into a 120d M Sport or even a 123d M Sport I know there are a few 1 series owners and BMW owners on here so how do you rate them? Good MPG and power from both models looking at the fact and fiqures, After a white one with black leather.

Be a daily car so want some thing well made a joy to drive and easy to maintain

[Edited on 22-03-2013 by SXI - Matt]

Russ

22nd Mar 13 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had a 1 series as a courtesy car, thought the driving position was awful and no room in the front for myself.
SXI - Matt

22nd Mar 13 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I quite like the driving position and the cabin of the car, sat in various ones at a show room and really like them. It will be a 2009 model I'm after.
NovaGTE2

22nd Mar 13 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely cars; very solid and feel much more refined and well built compared with most its size. Steering is quite heavy on them. We had a 120d and the dual mass flywheel did go at 65K (£600!) but would def have another. The 123d is meant to be awsome; but demand quite a high price
SXI - Matt

22nd Mar 13 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah been to look at one today and seem really solid and well built, especially compared to the likes of the astra I originally bought. Think the 120d would be the one for me cheaper to insure ect and they still kick out 170bhp so fun to drive!

My mini s i had also had very heavy steering soon got used to it, think I prefer it over the likes of my corsa which is very light in hand.

Ill be going through a BMW garage I think so will go for the warranty to cover the car and TLC I believe . Although every car has a fault in one way of another.

Where the MPG figures as good as the books read?

NovaGTE2

22nd Mar 13 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was a 56 plate so pre LCI and stop start; and would get about 45MPG
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

22nd Mar 13 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would love a 135i coupe.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Lee_fr200

22nd Mar 13 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I nearly bought a 135i coupe which was very very very nice to drive, sit in, got plenty of looks on my test drive
SXI - Matt

22nd Mar 13 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LCI?? Has to be a diesel either 120d or 123d only £20 difference in tax a year and about £40 a year insurance. The 123d remap very well to
andys sxi
Premium Member

22nd Mar 13 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I take it you decided to get your money back off the Astra, where did your post go yesterday?

April 08 feature car
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

22nd Mar 13 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The BM garage in Leicester by makro has very high prices for everything I wouldn't touch one from there.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

22nd Mar 13 at 23:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was in agony after driving a 1 series to Plymouth and back. And the dash is retarded.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
AndyCorsaSport

22nd Mar 13 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I borrowed my sisters 118d coupe last year to go to Cornwall. Did 980 miles in a week, cost £110 and had some left for when I have her it back. Was plenty comfy enough, fit 2 big suitcases in the boot.

Interior is a bit shit, basic seats, dash etc. it's not an m sport though so is fairly basic.

Driven shit loads of 118/120d M Sports for a hire company we do repairs for, always loved driving them. Seats hold well.
SXI - Matt

23rd Mar 13 at 01:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andys sxi
I take it you decided to get your money back off the Astra, where did your post go yesterday?

Yeah got a full refund today and am looking at getting a 120 or 123d depending what spec ect I find. Going Leicester BMW to test drive both and see what deals they have! Both really seem really built and good value for money when you look around! I deleted it before it got spammed!!
Mase
Premium Member

23rd Mar 13 at 09:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a 118d which was a great car, handled well, it just wasn't fast enough and the gearing seemed too long, especially around town. The 120d and 123d on the other hand have better ratio's and if I was to have another I think I'd go for a well kitted 120d, as when I was looking for a 1 Series, I couldn't find a 123d with all the kit I was after (leather, xenons, iPod connection etc.).

Mase
SXI - Matt

23rd Mar 13 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There the options I want well, there's 2 xenons and leather, rest would be nice but not a must. Was planning to go over today but seeming as I've got out of bed and there's snow every were I may wait
whitter45

24th Mar 13 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having owned both 120d and 118d the 120 is quicker but I didn't miss the speed

The 123d is a legue ahead again but personally the 120d is the best mix of mpg, running costs and speed

Both excellent cars and enjoy driving the 1 series even today.

My 120d served me well doing 75k in 3 years

The 120d is more expensive so the 118 allows for extra spec so look for xenons, leather and 208 wheels

Gearing is also longer in the 118.

My 120d with lemon leather, xenons and 208s

[Edited on 24-03-2013 by whitter45]

[Edited on 24-03-2013 by whitter45]
SXI - Matt

24th Mar 13 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think to be sensible the 120d is my best bet as still 170BHP so plenty quick enough but also good economy ect.

I was always thinking I'd want a white one but the more and more I see the black ones I think they look so much smarter. Are either of yours M sports? You'll have to for give me I've never really looked in to BMW's until recently and have been looking at the 120d m sport what's the difference between them and say an se?

I defiantly want them wheels on it and would love the black leather and xenons.

[Edited on 24-03-2013 by SXI - Matt]
ash_corsa

24th Mar 13 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've got a 118d M sport, lovely car, averages about 49mpg, £30 tax per year, not fast but easily powerful enough to still have a 'fun drive' every now and again. Check what options it has as some retrofits are expensive such as Bluetooth. Ours has Bluetooth, front and rear parking sensors, 18" alloys, auto lights and wipers etc..
Full leather, xenons and idrive are rare so we decided to opt for the best example with mileage etc instead.
We bought from bmw dealer, who gave 1yr warranty, free servicing and mot until 2015 and was surprisingly well priced, couldn't get a better deal elsewhere!

[Edited on 24-03-2013 by ash_corsa]
SXI - Matt

24th Mar 13 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there that much difference performance wise then between the 118d and 120d to make it that much more fun to drive? Obviously bit more power and i believe now different gearing. £30 tax sounds nice to althoight even £100 for the 120d is good in my eyes cheaper then my 1.4 corsa any way

I've noticed looking that not many at all have xenons loads with leather but yet to see one with I drive.

Just been looking at the coupes to and come across this one just a shame the millage is so high

ash_corsa

24th Mar 13 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the msports have half leather, never saw that many with full leather when we were looking.
We did look at the 120d but the mpg was less and the dearer tax made us go for the 118d, the 118d can be remapped to 180bhp for about £300 so I'd be more concerned about finding a good example than a specific 120d.
whitter45

24th Mar 13 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Half leather is faux leather hence the full leather upgrade

Rear parking sensors are standard on m sports

Coupes always command higher values
whitter45

24th Mar 13 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXI - Matt
I think to be sensible the 120d is my best bet as still 170BHP so plenty quick enough but also good economy ect.

I was always thinking I'd want a white one but the more and more I see the black ones I think they look so much smarter. Are either of yours M sports? You'll have to for give me I've never really looked in to BMW's until recently and have been looking at the 120d m sport what's the difference between them and say an se?

I defiantly want them wheels on it and would love the black leather and xenons.

Both m sports

Wheels plus front and rear diffusers, steering wheel sports seats tell them apart

M2RTY

25th Mar 13 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a 2010 120d sport convertible, manages hi 50s on a very sensible run, low 50s normal driving

Has start stop which helps

My 2010 320d sport vert does high 40s average

Both very nice cars

[Edited on 25-03-2013 by M2RTY]
Dione J

25th Mar 13 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want a BMW

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1 Series Owners This Way 24 database queries in 0.0182810 seconds