corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Refurbed Cylinder head and gasket

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Refurbed Cylinder head and gasket
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
26th Mar 13 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think i need to fit a new headgasket to the Corrado (yes i have one of them)

Seems silly to just change the gasket and not do anything with the head, as its £160 in parts to do the gasket and you have to renew those parts when removing the head.

How hard is it to rebuild a head? Am going to attempt the gasket myself, can't find a nice new head for sale at the moment (tbh not sure where to look)

Its a VR6 engine, does anyone know if all VR6 heads are the same? Corrado forum is a bit slow these days and info comes in little dribs and drabs. So CS seems the best place to ask.

Not a help zone thread btw, as i'm asking for opinions not help, so stick that up your chubby little innocent bumcheeks
Brett
Premium Member

26th Mar 13 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would you not just get it machined?
3CorsaMeal

26th Mar 13 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I mean valves and all that stuff that moves inside the head
Dan
Premium Member

26th Mar 13 at 12:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd strip it. Do valve stem seals, lap in valves etc.

Easy for me as I do it daily. Not over hard for someone with a good DIY skill set.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
davieslim

26th Mar 13 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get it skimmed and pressure tested and have the place lap in any leaky valves and so valve stem oil seals

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Refurbed Cylinder head and gasket 24 database queries in 0.0057712 seconds