corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Crash from 18 months ago

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Crash from 18 months ago
Jay

User status: Offline
9th Apr 13 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I posted on here my sister crashed into a car which went into another, the car at the front claimed off me 18 months ago, never heard anything off the other car and he said he wouldn't be making a claim as there's no damage to his. Letter arrived this mornin, or should I say a book of pictures of damage and details of repairs taking my sister to court for £5500 the claim is closed through my insurance and is settled, his car isn't mentioned. Any reason why it'd take him this long? Should I just send it all off to my insurance?

The letters are off a company called Cor Claim

PS it was my car and my insurance she crashed hence my involvement everything is addressed to my sister though.

[Edited on 09-04-2013 by Jay]
baza31

9th Apr 13 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They can claim upto 3 years . I'd let them take me and argue it out . Was the pictures of the damaged you caused?
baza31

9th Apr 13 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She probably wanted a free iPad or£500 up front . These claim company's need shutting down as they prey on the weak and cash hungry cunts
Jay

9th Apr 13 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not me they're taking though its my sister, I wasn't there and didn't see the damage, she said the damage wasnt that bad as on the pics but I don't know and she can't prove it either way.
Neo

9th Apr 13 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are there any dates of when the repairs took place ?
AndyKent

9th Apr 13 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your insurance will have to re-open the case
Toby
Premium Member

9th Apr 13 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
They can claim upto 3 years . I'd let them take me and argue it out . Was the pictures of the damaged you caused?

Admiral told me third parties had 6 months so don't take this as gospel, write to them and ask them to contact your insurers directly and swerve it all, let them do battle with each other.
Jay

9th Apr 13 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
quote:
Originally posted by baza31

Admiral told me third parties had 6 months so don't take this as gospel, write to them and ask them to contact your insurers directly and swerve it all, let them do battle with each other.

Ive read that its one year, apparently it depends on the insurer and they have to have good reason why its taken so long to submit a claim, dont know how true this is though.

Theres a list of everything claimed for and hes included fuel to fill up the hire car, surely the fuel he uses is his own business?? He would of used that regardless of the crash? The repairs where completed 8 days after the crash. Doesnt make any sense why its taken this long.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Apr 13 at 13:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its taken this long because hes randomly received a spam text from this company saying he can claim if he texts 6551, and he has
Jay

9th Apr 13 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just spoke to admiral and they've told me they've recieved the same pack, and to leave it with them they'll deal with it all, admiral have spoke to corclaims telling them not to contact me again and it won't affect my premium. Thank fuck for that, my insurance has already gone up a fortune because of it. Never let your sister use your car!
LeeM

9th Apr 13 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

18 months later, ask them to prove your sister caused the damage. get in touch with the other driver who can back up it wasn't as damaged as they now claim.
id let it go to court, nothing will come of it
Jay

9th Apr 13 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
its taken this long because hes randomly received a spam text from this company saying he can claim if he texts 6551, and he has

Why would anyone pay £5500 for repairs and then claim so long after though leaving them out of pocket.
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Apr 13 at 14:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jay
Doesnt make any sense why its taken this long.

They were probably out of stock on free iPads.

I would guess its more profitable to string it out.
Ben G

9th Apr 13 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what an absolute cunt.
tobyc20xe

9th Apr 13 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
18 months later, ask them to prove your sister caused the damage. get in touch with the other driver who can back up it wasn't as damaged as they now claim.

this!
Gaz

9th Apr 13 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tobyc20xe
quote:
Originally posted by LeeM

this!

couldn't agree more, what says it's not his mate who's driven into him and he's remembered the bump with your sister and thought he'd try it on to say him and his mate a few quid. Also, when he renewed his insurance in the 18month period aren't you asked if you have had an accident or claim in the last 3 years... if he hasn't declared it then either then I'd tell him to GTF
pow
Premium Member

9th Apr 13 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The stature of limitation is 3 years.

I'm going through a stale claim at the moment. Had a sub 10MPH bump where the car in front outbraked my sisters car. My fault as I should have left a slightly bigger gap but he's a cunt for claiming when we bounced off each other, got out the car, no damage at all (not even a blown bulb). Next thing I know hurty necks all round and insurance companies involved.

This was 8 months ago though, no money been got yet and he's refusing to see my insurance companies doctor.

Can't wait for 2 years and 364 days to be up and then I'm going to counter claim him for making a false claim. Missus Mum is a lawer and she's going to help me do it.

[Edited on 09-04-2013 by pow]
VegasPhil
Premium Member

9th Apr 13 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The problem is companys some how sell your details. I have had numerous calls about how my Renault Clio was involved in a crash on X Date and I could be entitled to compensation. The incident refers to the time my old company car was smacked by a Tranit when I was in my house.

I tell them I have never had a crash and they go away. But it is defineatley all personal injury lawyers and that is how these late claims come in.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
pow
Premium Member

9th Apr 13 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I had the accident before xmas where a guy smashed into the back of me, I had this conversation with the claims monkey:

Me: Is this telephone recorded?
Monkey: Yes, all our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes
Me: Good, then I'd like to make it clear that is my details are passed on or sold to any third parties OR if you contact me in the future once the claim is closed I will be taking legal action, is that clear.
Monkey: Yes, I'll make sure that goes on the claim notes.

No calls yet.
Jay

9th Apr 13 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as its not affecting me any further I'm not arsed, the car is now practically a new car they changed everything on the front, bumper, both lights, grille, bonnet wings, badge, bumper grilles, both fogs. Same on rear bootlid, all badges, bumper, on the pictures the damage in the boot has creased the floor too which has been repaired. The only damage on the front (pictured) is the crease in the bonnet, don't no why all the rest has been done and not pictured. Suppose that's upto admiral to go through.
pow
Premium Member

9th Apr 13 at 18:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what you pay them for, let them sort it out. Remember that you may think it's a big deal but they will deal with 1000's worse than this a day. Just provide all evidence on time and with a smile.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Crash from 18 months ago 24 database queries in 0.0135670 seconds