corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Set up/ management.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Set up/ management.
Generation

User status: Offline
10th Apr 13 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's my spec at the moment

lock rebored to (87mm .Omega pistons, skimmed cylinder block ,ZLET oil pump, Modified oil pick up pipe, Oil jetted for under piston cooling, H section steel con rods with ARP bolts, head studs, ARP main cap studs, Balanced crank, arp flywheel bolts, Male lead/copper bearings , Cometic head gasket, coscast skimmed rebuilt cylinder head with re-cut, re-lapped valves, with new stem seals
New timing belt, idler, tensioner and water pump , 8v sump gasket, TTV flywheel, ARP flywheel bolts. 6 speed paddle clutch

At moment I only have standard loom, injectors and ecu.

Obviously to hit the 400hp I'm aiming for, it'll need management and mapping.
Any recommendations for management/prices? I'm unsure what to expect.

Also can at run for a little while without being set up, or am I likely to break something?

[Edited on 10-04-2013 by Generation]
AK

10th Apr 13 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where are the bits that make the power :?

86.5 or 87mm

If you run at the same boost on the same turbo its currently using there will be little issue running as is untill mapping... as none of what you have listed will change anthing
Generation

10th Apr 13 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry, 87mm.

Turbo is nothing special, Nortech manifold, and 3" exhaust system.
Fuel system has been bought and mid way through installation, but that's capable for up to 500hp
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

10th Apr 13 at 15:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unless you set the fuel pressure right with your new fuel system you'll have issues
AK

10th Apr 13 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you are changing injector sizes you will need it mapped to suit.

My point was the spec list you have posted doesnt mean anything.... Its the fueling/turbo etc that will decide if you need it remapped.

Generation

10th Apr 13 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
unless you set the fuel pressure right with your new fuel system you'll have issues

This is what I've mainly been worries about. I posted the spec, for hopefully some advice on different systems people gave used with similar spec.

Injectors are standard at moment, they will be upgraded just before goes to be set up
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

10th Apr 13 at 15:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo

This is what I've mainly been worries about. I posted the spec, for hopefully some advice on different systems people gave used with similar spec.

Injectors are standard at moment, they will be upgraded just before goes to be set up

Just set the reg to standard fuel pressure and it will be fine on the drive up to the mappers
AK

10th Apr 13 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or run rich as buggery and 'wash' the bores?

Think about the injectors for a sec...

Your old 'map' fired the orig Xcc injectors for x amount of time every X time period.

If you run different injectors (larger) you are going fire in much more fuel than needed.

I'm not saying its going to blow up, BUT it would be advisable to swap injectors at the latest possible point... i.e just before mapping (if you cant somehow scale them yourself).

gazza808

10th Apr 13 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't personally bother with the stadard setup, unless you have some one local/know some one who will play with it for you,
Adjusting the fpr you can stop it running lean etc, but obviously chip sets and fpr/bigger injectors isn't ideal but some people have made good power on it.
Some people do it to no ill affects, some have hassle.
Quite a few people make looms for these engines to suit omex600 or dta, I'll post some links later, they're easy to fit.

Then obviously you just need to get it too mapping.

[Edited on 10-04-2013 by gazza808]
Generation

10th Apr 13 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, the mapping place will more than likely be ones fitting injectors at same time as fitting new injectors.

I've been quoted £240 for loom

[Edited on 10-04-2013 by Generation]
gazza808

10th Apr 13 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a good price tbh.
Mattb

10th Apr 13 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In theory the engine control unit should back the injectors off if they are larger than standard after evaluating the lambda signal maybe up to 25%

However, it really does depend on the size of the injectors and at what pressure they are running. My old Calibra turbo was on 440cc injectors with a standard ecu and then an EDS chipped one. It was fine, but the trip computer threw up some mega MPG figures!
f.p.e

10th Apr 13 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speak to the 2 steves @ track + road, see what they like to use as their ment to be very good mapping + down your neck of the woods.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Set up/ management. 23 database queries in 0.0102291 seconds