corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 20xe Rear crank shaft oil seal fitting?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 20xe Rear crank shaft oil seal fitting?
Mark.W

User status: Offline
11th Apr 13 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any tips on fitting a new one?Me & my mate fitted a new one tonight but were not happy with it as part of it folded in on itself but have a new one on its way.
Dan295

11th Apr 13 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used a piston ring compressor tool, thenLaser ones you get from halfords. You can wind them to the exact size of the seal and then gently tap all the way round 3-4 times in circles slowly easing it in
*CorsaCal*

11th Apr 13 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had 2 new ones so used one to tap the other in. Cost me 2 but touch wood worked ok!
f.p.e

12th Apr 13 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of grease on outside of seal, gently tap until you get it going, then can use a big socket, alloy drift etc to tap it all the way around making sure you tap it in fairly even, job done
eckers90

12th Apr 13 at 06:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah a slither of grease helped, get it in square by hand then i use 2 hammers, the wood handle goes up against the sealt then a gentle tap on the head with another, just work around, dont try and do 1 section to much to it in little bits work around and she wil go in square
Mark.W

12th Apr 13 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will have another bash at it over the weekend hopefully.

I still have the one that didn't go in properly so could use that the way Corsacal did his.

New Poll