corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2002 vectra b, what to watch

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2002 vectra b, what to watch
CORSAguy93

User status: Offline
20th Apr 13 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just bought a 51 plate vectra b club 1.8. 66k on the clock. should i expect anything to go wrong at any point?
CORSA NUT

20th Apr 13 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cambelt + waterpump changed? That and rust
monkeytwizzel

20th Apr 13 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes,check when it had a cambelt done last or service.vecci b are known for the rose joints knocking on the rear suspension so keep and ear open!and if it is an xe1 with simtec ecu they are prone to failier from heat.
CORSAguy93

20th Apr 13 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think its just had cambelt done, ill get on it anyway just to be safe, not sure on engine type, picking it up Friday. As for rust only a few specs around the rear arch which ill touch up straight away. Thanks for the help guys
tobyc20xe

20th Apr 13 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every bush you can think of! rose bush's,swing arm,drop link and anti roll bar are the common one's bud.

[Edited on 20-04-2013 by tobyc20xe]
CORSAguy93

20th Apr 13 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would like to think with it being lowish mileage it should last a while, just need to make it an Sri rep now.
tobyc20xe

20th Apr 13 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would hope so to but it's a common problem with them. Get yourself on vvoc.com
davegreen
Premium Member

21st Apr 13 at 06:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at that mileage its just right for the bushes to start to fail. also rear springs ans shocks all round, rear wheel bearings, rust under the cover sills and around inner rear chassis legs, fuel tanks rusting through around filler pipe, sub frame mount rubber, rear trailing arm rubbers.
to be fair though they are pretty decent cars for the money and all faults are just wear and tear due to age. i had one for 11 years till i scrapped it for the engine to put in the corsa c.
still got a few parts if you intrested, gsi front bumper, spax coil overs, vec c sri 17" rims, remus exhaust system.
CORSAguy93

21st Apr 13 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all sounds cheapish to repair at least, looking at finances it'll be staying almost standard for a little while yet. got work to be doing with the corsa now its not my work horse
3i_gaz

22nd Apr 13 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brake lines!
Jed D

22nd Apr 13 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tobyc20xe
Every bush you can think of! rose bush's,swing arm,drop link and anti roll bar are the common one's bud.

this +1

iv got a diesel on a 02 plate (must be registered late or something)

one of the rear bushes was advisory on its last MOT and it just went strate through again the other week, guessing he hasn't noticed

also drop link, iv got a new one for mine to be going on, only cheap to replace...

they very comfy practical cars though i must say
tobyc20xe

22nd Apr 13 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
quote:
Originally posted by tobyc20xe

this +1

iv got a diesel on a 02 plate (must be registered late or something)

one of the rear bushes was advisory on its last MOT and it just went strate through again the other week, guessing he hasn't noticed

also drop link, iv got a new one for mine to be going on, only cheap to replace...

they very comfy practical cars though i must say

indeed they are jed i have just replaced the subframe bush's on mine...feel like a different car now.
Jed D

22nd Apr 13 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there was millions of 1.8 petrols when i was looking for one but i was determined to get a diesel for the trailer... fuel wise its f'ing brilliant!!
not only that, see millions of 1.8's in the scrap yards and not that many diesels. they go forever, touch wood, mine was throwing its dummy out the pram yesterday though, eml light coming up at sitting a 1200 rpm even when i had my foot on the throttle, only doing it sometimes, going to get it plugged in round my mates tonight. i have faith in it though
Tomnova16
Premium Member

22nd Apr 13 at 10:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bet it will need the ECU repaired jed

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Jed D

22nd Apr 13 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hope not mate, will plug her in tonight and se what comes up. been out and about in it round the doors today and its in a good mood with itself lol
Twiggy

22nd Apr 13 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rose bushs and also be carefull jacking it up onto axle stands as they have a habbit of jumping off.
shaned12345

22nd Apr 13 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's mine, a 2.2dti sri on 78k miles. 50mpg easy. Bushes are knackered on the back and a drop link..

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2002 vectra b, what to watch 24 database queries in 0.0164270 seconds