corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance for working with cars...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance for working with cars...
BluKoo

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 13 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The son of the owner of this DB6 Volante has expressed interest in having a photo shoot with me.

He's especially interested in getting some rig shots, but before I even think about attaching a rig to something of this value I think it would be wise to get some sort of insurance to cover me incase anything happens.
I won't be driving the car, so it's not that kind of insurance. More like liability insurance.

Anyone got this kind of insurance? If so, who are you with and what does a policy cost?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

23rd Apr 13 at 17:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with royal sun alliance costs 120 a year and I have 2million liability cover.
Rob E

23rd Apr 13 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can normally add something onto your camera insurance policy, check with your insurer. You may have to declare yourself a professional though
Ben J

23rd Apr 13 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blukoo....your bro is one of the top detailers in the UK, and works with £k's worth of cars every day, yet you ask about liability insurance on CS????
BluKoo

23rd Apr 13 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually just searched liability insurance and got a quote.
£100 for £1,000,000 worth of Public and Products Liability cover.
Or £155 for £2,000,000

Not bad really

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Blukoo....your bro is one of the top detailers in the UK, and works with £k's worth of cars every day, yet you ask about liability insurance on CS????

I got an answer quicker here than I would have done if I asked my brother. Plus he is insured with 1 company. I'm curious to know who everyone else is with. To see if there is someone who provides the best service.

[Edited on 23-04-2013 by BluKoo]
3CorsaMeal

23rd Apr 13 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a halfords touch up pen kit and show him that as your insurance.
GB123
Premium Member

23rd Apr 13 at 17:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic Barnes

23rd Apr 13 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
im dubious about this whole "brother" thing. Blukoo is a faker IMHO.
shaunmods
Premium Member

23rd Apr 13 at 18:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Standard public liability wont cover that though. You'd need to ask for additional cover for items being worked upon. I got mine through AXA
BluKoo

23rd Apr 13 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
im dubious about this whole "brother" thing. Blukoo is a faker IMHO.

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
Standard public liability wont cover that though. You'd need to ask for additional cover for items being worked upon. I got mine through AXA

Cover includes:
Claims caused by goods which your company either sold, manufactured, repaired, installed, erected, altered, cleaned or treated and - through negligence - caused injury or damage/

That sounds like it would cover any accidental damage caused by something I installed.
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Apr 13 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make sure you get cover for property, some are only for people. Like if it falls off an injures someone that would be covered but if it pulls the windscreen out they wouldn't pay for that.
Jay

23rd Apr 13 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Make sure you get cover for property, some are only for people. Like if it falls off an injures someone that would be covered but if it pulls the windscreen out they wouldn't pay for that.

This. My PLI is for people only, nothing to do with property.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance for working with cars... 23 database queries in 0.0078530 seconds