corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Work - Car allowance

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Work - Car allowance
NovaGTE2

User status: Offline
29th Apr 13 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the going rate for a yearly car allowance; been hunted for a job that has a bit of travel and with the package comes a car allowance. Not been told the details yet but want to go armed with what would be a reasonable amount. The job a software consultant role; fairly senior and client facing

Also how does the tax work on these? There is the option of company car rather than allowance (again i dont know what that would be) but which would work out better for tax?

Whittie

29th Apr 13 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wait and see facts, people will just guess otherwise, i'm assuming.
James

29th Apr 13 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car allowance is usually about £5k.

Company car vs allowance depends on the scenario. I think if you Google it there are loads of comparison calculators.
NovaGTE2

29th Apr 13 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
Car allowance is usually about £5k.

Company car vs allowance depends on the scenario. I think if you Google it there are loads of comparison calculators.

ah cool great thanks ive just googled that and ran through; and based on my current car if it was a company car vs the cash the company car looks to be the better option. Although personally i have already bought a new car so might not be as good. Got someone ringing me wednesday regarding the finer points of an offer so will get some more info then I guess
whitter45

29th Apr 13 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends on levels, grades etc

About 560 month for our opt out before tax but this is being terminated at our place

Therefore opt in is at at 480 a month but then get BIK tax based value of the car, emissions and tax bracket (20% or 40%)

But that covers maintenance, insurance etc

[Edited on 29-04-2013 by whitter45]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Work - Car allowance 23 database queries in 0.0106590 seconds